Question

Coverage/Network Quality drop in my area (Data)

• 20 July 2020
  • 0 replies

Badge

I have lived where I do right now for about 4 years. T-mobile service has been impeccable. As of the last month or 2 I’m not sure what has happened but there are pockets of areas near my home now that get terrible to no data service, even though the phones show LTE and 2-3 bars of service. I don’t know if voice coverage is affected. I’ll test this sometime this week and update. This is on iPhone(s) and iPad(s), btw, I have not checked with my Android devices (I don’t know if there’d be a difference). I live in Cape Coral, FL. My actual home, thankfully, has remained fine but whenever we venture out closeby, it just goes nuts. We can’t stream, we can’t even play Pokemon Go and it’s extremely frustrating.

A prime example of hotspots where this happens is:

170 SE 4th Terrace, Cape Coral, FL 33990 (Saratoga Lake Park) to about 81 Hancock Bridge Pkwy West, Cape Coral, FL 33991 (Popeyes Restaurant). Oddly enough, by the time we get to 2925 SW Pine Island Rd, Cape Coral, FL 33991 (Mcdonalds Restaurant), it’s all good. Moving in the other direction, things are bad along Santa Barbara Blvd, until about 1003 Santa Barbara Blvd, Cape Coral, FL 33991 (CVS). I haven’t tried a wider net than Santa Barbara and the immediate area off of this road. I travel Santa Barbara Blvd. a lot and this is where we are affected. My wife has a T-Mobile and Sprint iPhone and her Sprint coverage has never been great, but it’s also been affected by this and only as of the same time.

Please look into this if and when possible. As mentioned, this only started a few months ago now.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!