Question

Coverage problems after switching

Show first post

57 replies

@tmo_chris I am frustrated, but I'm going to stick around for a while and hope it gets better.   I looked at switching back and Verizon is just too expensive.  My bill dropped $100 when I switched.  I'll try to take advantage of wifi and make the best of it.   Go back 15 years and this is great service!   Appreciate all the help.

That's what I want to do even though Verizon cost more. My coverage in stores and hospitals has been very awful. My husband has Verizon and has no problems. I just got a new phone so not sure sure if I can switch now.

Our whole office switched over hoping to save money! It has been frustrating, to say the least. And not worth the little we save. We have a tower right in our small town and the coverage is still terrible. It drops calls daily. I have called in and stopped at TMobile stores and they change settings, but nothing helps. We have to use Facebook Messenger Calling or FaceTime to make calls if we are hoping to not experience dropped calls.

I was informed today that T-Mobile could no longer provide me coverage, because I had been "roaming" for the majority of the last 60 days. Funny, because I've been living in the exact same location for the last 11 months. All of this time my provider has read "Cell One of NE Colorado" and not T-Mobile, but they're no longer willing to provide me service. This, after iWireless informed me that I HAD to join T-Mobile because my phone wasn't yet paid for and the account was going to be transferred to them for collections. But I'd get a nifty discount if I did so...Anyone experience something similar?

I switched from Verizon a little over two years ago. Tmobile has always been painfully slow and will never get any better, to those who are waiting for the "network upgrade" they promise when calling support. Just keep reporting the issues, they will eventually just ignore your support requests (like they have done to me) but still important to hold them to their promises of LTE speeds that they can't back up. They admitted their network is terrible during the Sprint merger.

My phone never really worked right after switching from iWireless to T-Mobile.  T-Mobile was less than enthusiastic to fix as I had JUST purchased a BRAND NEW Galaxy S8.  I had to switch to Verizon and buy ANOTHER new phone.

Any class action talk?

My parents, sister and myself switched to T-Mobile. Them from Verizon about 3 months ago and me from ATT.

I move to Southport NC near my parents from Vancouver WA and I was with ATT for 18 years. I only switched because the costs just kept rising to the point one line was costing almost $150 a month. Like I said they ha Verizon and had a similar situation it always seemed the cost were going up.

So we all decided to get a T-Mobile plan t that had a fixed price. And that would be more than half of our combined bill, this sounded great.

Of course they gave a the hard sale promise this and that.

With in the first week of me switching I couldn't make a call from my house. Had 1 maybe 2 bars. Im 10 mile from the water and I have a cell tower 2 miles from my house in line of site and a total of 5 with in 10 mile radius.

With my ATT service I had mostly full bars never a bobble in that service for a year. Now I nearly get service drops all the time. I've call and had service tickets, people saying your to close to the water, we're upgrading the cell towers (2 months now). I'm using an T-Mobile phone moto g7, I wanted to use my Samsung S9 but they made some excuses about a problem with it.

So I now have booster in my house and yes I get full bars but the actual service is no better slow data, constantly slow text send/receiving and call my parents on there phones is like the old Verizon commercial (can you hear me, are you there) if I can even connect. Well Well each other and 50% of the time our phones don't ring even when we are in the same house.

The thing that complicates this is I'm disabled with a rare 1 in 3 million life threatening disease and I have difficulty contact my medical staff or getting messages out. God forbid if I have medical emergency I don't know what I would do.

The one of the funniest thing happened. I had to go to Jacksonville NC for an appointment and we decided to go by the beach up there. We're at the water an low and behold I have full bars and the clearest sound and the fastest data connection I've had since the switch. I thought being by water caused my problems, man I'm confused. So not only did I get 4 new customer for T-Mobile with phones a commission for the sales person but I've got the worst phone service I've had since 2004. The best part of all the call to T-Mobile is how many times I'm told restarting my phone will fix things. I already have restart my phone at least one a day be cause get stuck doing something, that's a joke in this day and age.

I'm thinking it time to give up and switch to something else even if it cost more as long as it works. Im hoping with the 5 or 6 service tickets in 2 months that they won't make an issue of it.

Sorry I'm rambling on, just extremely dissatisfied with the service for what is supposed to be a reputable company and supposedly using the same ATT technology.