Solved

Data Issues.....HELP

• 14 November 2022
  • 13 replies

Badge

Please help!! I am traveling in Europe and I do not have data access. I can only communicate connected to wifi. I have called for assistance and the auto recoding says call back later. 

icon

Best answer by syaoran 14 November 2022, 15:29

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Have you checked your apn to see what network you're connected to and also make sure your International roaming is on.

Badge

How do I do that?

Badge

My apn is "tmobile US LTE" 

Badge

Data roaming is turned on. But I still do not have data. Only wifi. I even purchased international calling yesterday. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

It's been a while since I traveled internationally so @syaoran should be able to help.

Badge

I appreciate all the help I can get. Tmobile is not helping at all. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

What device are you using and what country are you traveling in?  If you manually select the network.  What carriers does it give you a choice of and what network is it connecting to automatically?  

Badge

I have the new flip 4 Samsung. Just purchased it a few days ago in the states. I'm from America. Currently in Amsterdam traveling to Germany, then the France. 

Badge

The carriers it provides are tmobile-NL, NL KPN, Vodafone NL

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

The carriers it provides are tmobile-NL, NL KPN, Vodafone NL

Does it allow you to manually connect to T-Mobile-NL?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

According to T-Mobile’s website, if you purchased the T-Mobile version of the Galaxy Z Flip 4.  The supported bands are: 

GSM: 850 MHz, 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 1900 MHz; LTE Roaming: 1, 3, 7, 8, 13, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 38, 39, 40; LTE: 2, 4, 5, 12, 14, 46, 48, 66, 71; UMTS: Band I (2100), Band II (1900), Band IV (1700/2100), Band V (850), Band VIII (900); 5G: n41, n66, n71, n260, n261

Device link: Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 | 4 colors in 256GB & 128GB | T-Mobile

When looking up the bands deployed over in the Netherlands, the compatibility for the Z Flip 4 is fairly compatible.   

Bands 1, 3, 7, 8, 20, 28, 32, and 38 are what could potentially be deployed.  The T-Mobile Z Flip 4 supports 1, 3, 7, 20, 28, and 38 but not band 32.  You could potentially be in a service area where only band 32 is deployed.  

Source: List of LTE networks in Europe - Wikipedia

Usually though, it’s a matter of T-Mobile’s roaming information for roaming partners being out of date.  This is why it is recommended to add the APN of the carrier you are roaming on to to help resolve any issues.  Don’t delete the T-Mobile APN.  Just add one for which ever carrier (more than likely T-Mobile NL) to ensure the device has the correct settings to connect to the network.  Some devices also hae a separate setting for data when roaming.  Check your network settings to make sure that not only roaming is enabled, but data roaming is as well, if that setting is there.  

You can find the T-Mobile NL APN settings here:  T-Mobile Netherlands - Netherlands - APN Settings

Badge

Thank you for taking your valuable time to try and help me. I finally got thru to tmobile and they did not activate my plan I upgraded to or activate international calling, they said the customer service representative had it in their notes but must have forgot. I am not pleased! Ontop of that, my new zflip4 screen is peeling. I hadn't had the phone 3 days. Beyond frustrated with tmobile. They should hire you, syaoran. :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I'm glad it's straighted out and it sucks that your screen is peeling. I'd do a Google search to see if this is a known issue then file a claim.