Question

data roaming is turned on/off message

• 16 August 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge

I am frequently in Canada.  I received a data roaming notification that allows me to click cancel or go to settings to turn OFF roaming.  If I turn off roaming I receive a notification that allows me to click cancel or go to settings to turn ON roaming. 

No mater what I do I have this message every couple of minutes.  It affects everything I do on my as it will not allow me to continue without choosing cancel.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

What plan are you on? If you’re like me, there’s no down-side to leaving data roaming on.

Badge

It doesn’t matter if I turn it off or on, I still get a message that it is turned on or off.  See attached message.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Ok.. I’ve been to Canada ‘many’ times on T-Mobile’s Simple Choice and T-Mobile One Plan, and I usually get the ‘Welcome To Canada’ message, and have no issues with Roaming.

I’m not sure why your messages are flapping, outside of the possibility that you are on some legacy plan, or T-Mobile itself has a data block on your plan  You may want to try and get in touch with them on this.  My first trip with T-Mobile in Canada had my phone on ‘no’ Data Roaming, and I didn’t get any warnings.. but Google maps (and literally anything else outside of text/call) wouldn’t work.

Badge

Thank you for your reply.  I didn’t have an issue with my S9, I just upgraded to a S21 and now I receive these messages…  I’ll contact Tmobile.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

So, it’s the message that bothers you? Because it keeps popping up, over and over? Last time I visited Canada (2018), I don’t recall getting anything like this. What phone are you using? Never mind. You posted the answer to my question while I was typing it.

I agree. Try calling Customer Care. (Don’t expect a solution but they could surprise you.)