Question

Data speed issues Castle Rock, CO

• 11 April 2021
  • 9 replies

Badge

We just switched to T-Mobile from Boost Mobile this month.  My wife and I are frustrated with trying to use the phones away from home (wifi).  It is constantly slow and for my wife it is to the point of being unusable at all. She uses the local grocery apps to load coupons and can’t do it or is so slow she gives up.  THIS NEVER HAPPENED ON OUR OLD SERVICE.  It was my idea to switch and now I am in the dog house.  Can anyone help me???

We both have new phones with LTE.  Doesn’t matter how many bars we have, still slow.  I find if I restart my i-phone it sometimes will work better. Why did Boost work so much better for us in the same location?

9 replies

I have noticed the same. My company is opening a store there and our phones show 4 bars LTE but can’t get any data apps to work. We were planning on using T-Mobile for our parking lot sales internet but have just heard Verizon will be putting in towers so we will be switching to Verizon instead. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

5G or 4G? if its trying to pull in 5G and youre running into issues you might opt to switch to 4G only and see if it all of a sudden improves.

5G or 4G? if its trying to pull in 5G and youre running into issues you might opt to switch to 4G only and see if it all of a sudden improves.

It is just 4G LTE for me. I have tested with an iPhone XS Max and a 3rd Gen iPad Pro with the exact same issue on both. 

My wife and I have noticed it getting worse with 4G LTE. We can’t even use those QR codes at restaurants because the data is so slow. Wife tried to order food delivery on her phone last night while waiting for the kiddo to be done with music lessons, not possible. If not fixed soon, we’ll be switching to a better service after being a T-Mobile customer for 20 years. And no, I will not accept having to get 5G phones as the solution. Ours are recently paid off and I’m not starting over. T-Mobile, are you listening?

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

if you are wanting anyone in the know to look into it you will have to contact them via call, Facebook or Twitter..no agents in here that can look into it for you unfortunately..the site itself is mainly peer to peer with a handful of moderators and an admin to keep order...they do not have access to accounts etc.

if you are wanting anyone in the know to look into it you will have to contact them via call, Facebook or Twitter..no agents in here that can look into it for you unfortunately..the site itself is mainly peer to peer with a handful of moderators and an admin to keep order...they do not have access to accounts etc.

Thanks for the heads-up. I’m not on any social media, so I’m appreciative of the insight. I’ll give them a call. Cheers!

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

i have yet to do it myself but from what i hear their T-Force team via the Facebook and Twitter route is pretty popular with their results compared to calling in.

I live in Centennial and I have the same issue. I have 3-4 bars and shows LTE. But the data and internet they don't work. When I ran speed tests I get less than 1mb download and 0.01 upload. I have called them several times advising on the issues. They try to do network resets but just doesn't work. I'm really upset with their poor service, probably will be switching next month if nothing is done. I did sign the petition for local issues, I would recommend every one to do it:

https://howmobileworks.com/petition/

Badge

I did talk to customer service about this issue. “we know about the problem, we are working on it”.  We shall see...