Solved

Delay receiving group text messages on iPhone 7+

Show first post

138 replies

My friend and I both use T-Mobile.  He has an iPhone and I have an S7.  He lives in NH and I live in FL.  We are in a group conversation with 5 people, the other three don't have T-Mobile.  Everyone else gets the messages instantly while my friend and I don't get them, sometimes until the next day.  However, we get the messages at the exact same time when they finally come through.  We've tested this several times and are positive of this.  This shows this has nothing to do with the device, WiFi connection, local coverage, it's just a T-Mobile network issue. 

I was coming here hoping to find some kind of solution, but it sounds like I unfortunately have done more troubleshooting than T-Mobile even though there has been a significant amount of complaints.  Time to switch to someone else.

I am having the same issue since switching to Tmobile in January.

My group chat consists of 5 iPhones and 1 android. with services from Att & Sprint. Everyone is getting the messages and I’m the only one getting them delayed or not at all.

I have contacted Tmobile, they went through the troubleshooting process and after the network reset, I had to restart my phone. Since then, ive noticed that if I restart my phone I get some of the group messages.

im also having trouble sending and receiving picture messages.

Its definitely a Tmobile problem. Escalating it to the engineers is obviously not working... what’s the solution Tmobile?

Hello Everyone,

I work for the Engineering Messaging team here at T-Mobile. I apologize for this issue and for asking additional information, but to help us troubleshoot this issue, can you give me examples of 2-3 times in the past few days when this would have happened. I would need the following :

1. Originating and terminating MSISDN

2. Day and timestamp of issue. Was the message delayed or wasnt received. If delayed, but how much time

3. Details of parties involved- Different carriers, if users have iphone watch, If customers use digits or not.

With these, we will be able to get to the bottom of the issue.

Thanks for your help.

Hello Everyone,

I work for the Engineering Messaging team here at T-Mobile. I apologize for this issue and for asking additional information, but to help us troubleshoot this issue, can you give me examples of 2-3 times in the past few days when this would have happened. I would need the following :

1. Originating and terminating MSISDN

2. Day and timestamp of issue. Was the message delayed or wasnt received. If delayed, but how much time

3. Details of parties involved- Different carriers, if users have iphone watch, If customers use digits or not.

With these, we will be able to get to the bottom of the issue.

Thanks for your help.

I would be happy to help, but how do I do that in a private message?

As an add, it hasn't happened in the last 10 days.

Thanks!

Hi,

I have an example from May 6h that I can send you details on. Took a screenshot of numbers, dates and times of message sending and delivery. Can get you additional information, as required. However, I don't want to post the information publicly in this forum. If you can DM me on Twitter at @joshkirschner with your contact info, we can connect that way.

Thanks,

Josh

I’ve started experiencing this issue a few days ago (iPhone 😵 and it’s affecting my work group chats. Delays are sometimes over 12 hours, some only a few hours. It’s infuriating as I’m missing important work-related messages. Will be calling T-Mobile today, but don’t have my hopes up based on the poor results of the posts above.

Just had it happen again. In group chat with wife and friend. Wife sent a message yesterday morning and I never got it. All other messages from chat came through. She's iPhone, I'm android, we're both T-Mobile.

same, it’s pointless. They just go over the troubleshoot process but nothing can be done to fix it..

Message edited by Tmo_Chris for security.

Userlevel 5

Hey @tmo_mayank​,

I just sent you a private message.

We just switched from AT&T and my wife's iPhone X is having really bad problems with delayed group texts (12+ hr delays) when someone is in the conversation with an Android. We just updated to iOS 11.4 and reset but it still continues. How can this problem still be going on for over a year T-Mobile?? My wife wants to switch back to AT&T so she can group text again. This is kind of pathetic it took this long to get some engineering attention.

Won’t get fixed, don’t worry. We’re looking at switching back to Verizon. Might cost more, but it just works.

Userlevel 5

Hey folks! Our engineering team has been hard at work on this problem and they did implement some fixes on the network side which should clear up this issue for most. If you continue to have this issue, please do let us know.

@jeep0257wy and @magenta4963346

I am going to send you a quick private message so I can gather some necessary information.

Having this same issue . My wife has an iPhone that will not get group messages until much later than everyone else .I have a s9+ that I see a similar issue with but it happens much less than with her iPhone. Hopefully TMobile can get this resolved .

This had been happening for a while but it's nothing mission critical, just annoying.

And it actually just happened now. She received group messages that I received 5 hours earlier. They came in all at once.

Userlevel 5

Hey @jlknyc and @cdudan

I want to send you a quick private message so I can gather some necessary information.

Userlevel 5

Hey everyone,

So it looks like the fixes we implemented have not quite resolved the issue for everyone. Rest assured that we’ll get this fixed. If anyone here is still having issues, please tag me or just reply to this thread. I will send you a private message so that we can gather the necessary information.

You can reach me at XXXXXXXXXXX

Message edited for privacy TMo_Chris

Userlevel 5

Hey @jlknyc

I removed your email address for your privacy. I sent you a private message earlier, did you happen to receive it?

@tmo_chris I am also having this issue. thanks in advance for keeping us updated.

I'm having the same problem. We are all on T-mobile but texts from my android to family members with iphones is sometimes delayed for hours!

Userlevel 5

Hey @magenta5176063 and @sbcjp

I just sent each of you a private message.