Question

disruption with txt and calls / not wifi or cell data related

Badge +1

I bought this phone not to long ago and I sometimes (or many times) get a suddenly no connection/ no cellular service on this device, it's extremely annoying as I have to restart the phone to get it corrected , my friend warned me to get an I pone instead of Android and my fear is somehow confirmed, lot''s of bugs and not working components / software on the platform with different other apps ( Instagram especially)

How can I fix this " Android " nightmare ??

and yes the software is up to date 

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

What type of Android?

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

First this has nothing to do with Android. What phone do you own (is it North American)? What bands does it access? Where did you buy it? Does your SIM card work in other phones? Have you checked that your APN settings are correct?

Badge +1

Sorry didn't paste title, it's a Galaxy S20  5G, 

Settings are correct/  T-mobile

I have 6 lines , 3 I phones and 3 android s

It's annoying !!!

Badge +1

so any thoughts or ideas why that is ??

Badge +1

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S20/Galaxy-S20-G5-disruption-with-txt-and-calls-not-wifi-or-cell/m-p/1404397#M16328

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Samsung has had a lot of quality control issues with their last few updates across all devices.  It isn’t an Android issue.  It’s a Samsung issue!

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Where are you having these issues (zip)? Have you tried switching to LTE/3G/2G (auto connect) to see if that helps? Are the iPhones 5G? They may be using the 4G bands while the Android phones are trying to connect over 5G.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Where are you having these issues (zip)? Have you tried switching to LTE/3G/2G (auto connect) to see if that helps? Are the iPhones 5G? They may be using the 4G bands while the Android phones are trying to connect over 5G.

Apple has yet to release a 5G capable device, but the next iPhone should contain a 5G radio, hopefully not from Intel.  

Badge +1

Zip 19018 in PA, 

only on my new Galaxy S20 G5, not the IPhone, might be only Samsung related, but don't know fur sure, still keep getting random no cellular data or failure with txt messaging.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Do you know how to change your connection to LTE/3G/2G?

Badge +1

I don't want to do that, I believe this was a bug with the latest software update, it's just weird that i have more problems with Android then iPhone, I will shoot for an update, just ridiculous that I have a new phone with new problems.