Solved

Does Samsung Galaxy Alpha SM-G850A work in Chile?

• 3 August 2016
  • 2 replies

I see that there is T-Mobile coverage in Chile. I will be there for 10 days in October. I brought my own phone - Galaxy Alpha SM-G850A - to T-Mobile and have the Simply Prepaid plan.

Question: T-Mobile's site doesn't show the Galaxy Alpha as working in Chile. Does anyone know if it does?

Also, my Simply Prepaid plan will need to be supplemented with a plan to allow me to use data and text in Chile and make calls. What is the best way to do that. The international plans I see on the T-Mobile website are $15/month for "stateside" international access. But I will be in Chile itself.

Question: What plan do I need to get?

icon

Best answer by tmo_mike_c 10 August 2016, 20:55

Since you're on a Simple Prepaid plan, you shouldn't have to add a stateside feature to use your service in Chile. You can check out the link below for more information about rates for texts and calls. Keep in mind that using data while roaming internationally isn't available for prepaid customers. The other thing to keep in mind is the phones supported frequencies. You should be able to connect to the 2G signal for calls and texts while you're there.

http://tmo-assets-1524598101.netdna-ssl.com/prepaid-phones/pdf/IntlCallingRates.pdf

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Since you're on a Simple Prepaid plan, you shouldn't have to add a stateside feature to use your service in Chile. You can check out the link below for more information about rates for texts and calls. Keep in mind that using data while roaming internationally isn't available for prepaid customers. The other thing to keep in mind is the phones supported frequencies. You should be able to connect to the 2G signal for calls and texts while you're there.

http://tmo-assets-1524598101.netdna-ssl.com/prepaid-phones/pdf/IntlCallingRates.pdf

The phone should work fine in Chile. The phone's unlocked, so you might want to grab a Chilean prepaid when you get there.