Question

DTMF touch tones not working when calling Google Voice auto attendant

• 22 July 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge

I’m having a really peculiar problem that might be related to a few topics I’ve seen on these forums. Touch tones do not work when calling a Google Voice G Suite auto attendant where you are asked to press a certain number for a certain thing. I have tried four different phones using T-Mobile and Ting. Android and iPhone. Same results every time. It works fine when calling from any other carrier.

To be clear, this is not a standard consumer Google Voice that I’m calling - it’s Google Voice for G Suite which is designed for small businesses.

4 replies

I'm having exactly the same issue here.  Trying Gsuite Auto Attendant calling from T-Mobile devices, and none can interact with the tones.  Works perfectly from an AT&T cell phone.

Has T-Mobile provided a solution to this as it seems to be related to their network?

Badge

I'm having exactly the same issue here.  Trying Gsuite Auto Attendant calling from T-Mobile devices, and none can interact with the tones.  Works perfectly from an AT&T cell phone.

Has T-Mobile provided a solution to this as it seems to be related to their network?

In a way, I’m glad it’s not just me. I’ve tried customer service but no luck. Hoping maybe more people seeing this here might give us an idea of who to look to for answers. T-Mobile customer service said that it’s Google’s fault because it works everywhere else. Google customer service says it’s T-Mobile’s fault because it’s the only carrier that doesn’t work on their system.

I got this from Google Cloud Support: 

"Our product engineers are still working with the T-Mobile carrier to fix this issue. There's no ETA for the fix yet. For the moment there's not workaround available. I'm sure our products engineers are working hard to resolve it, we understand how important is for you and your customers to communicate."

Badge

It seems to have started working in the past couple of days!