Solved

E-mail to SMS being blocked due to suspected SPAM

Show first post

233 replies

My business is experiencing the same issue, I have followed you and now wait your approval. Will appreciate any help with this, thank you.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Glad I could help. As discussed, please check consistency from all outgoing SMTP interfaces to make sure the Message-ID complies with RFC standards.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Glad to help. For anyone else who may read this, please ensure your DNS SPF records permit you to send email on behalf of a domain. Mergers, affiliate companies who send email as 3rd party on your behalf, acquiring new email ISP service, etc can alter the original IP or domain permitted in the SPF DNS record to send mail on behalf of a server. Sender Policy Framework prevents a competing domain or spammer from spoofing email envelope reply-to address, which is purely cosmetic in recipient inbox.

Outlook cloud based service does not provide a meaningful bounceback reason other than the recipient domain (@tmomail.net), rejected the message.

I work for a company that provides text messaging via email from our server and we have been doing this for years. We are not seeing that tmobile is marking us as spam. Please assist.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I sent you a follow request. Once you follow me through inbox, you can send me a message. Thanks.

Sorry about reserecting an old thread but I seem to need my domain whitelisted too. @srickar​ are you able to assist? I have followed you.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Follow sent!

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

PM sent with details. For anyone else needing assistance please check the SMTP rejection reason. SPF is one of those external controls that I cannot fix. In @mlauer​ case, it was due to SPF policy rejection.

https://blog.returnpath.com/how-to-explain-spf-in-plain-english/

A major contributor to failing email is SPF policy. Here's my poor analogy and is strictly for amusement:

customerservice@mcdonalds.com (a reply-to envelope is purely cosmetic and easily tweaked),  but it's actually being sent from say a burgerking.com server located at 123.123.123.3 pretending to be mcdonalds customer service (maybe their next publicity stunt?).

(Sender Policy Framework) is a DNS setting that prevents another ISP or email envelope that doesnt match the SPF DNS record. The error will show like this: "domain of transitioning Info@mcdonalds.com does not designate 123.123.123.3 as permitted sender)". Since 123.123.123.3 is not in the authorized record, they are not trusted to send email as mcdonalds.com.

Real SPF entry: v=spf1 include:_spf.q4press.com include:amazonses.com ~all

In other words, the DNS administrator for mcdonalds.com needs to edit the DNS record to permit 123.123.123.3 to send emails on their domains behalf. It's a DNS safeguard to prevent someone at say burgerking.com from sending an email that looks like mcdonalds.com and trying to spoof and represent a domain they don't actually have ownership of.

The domain owner would need to update the SPF DNS record to include any potential IP's or domains that would be sending mail on their behalf.

This is frequently overlooked as businesses experience mergers, buyouts, consolidation, or use 3rd party entities or email services years after their DNS administrator has left the company or forgot about the DNS configuration.

@srickar​ thanks for the information. After investigating is looks like this is actually my issue also and out of your hands. Thanks again!

@srickar​ I too have sent a follow request. This is causing a major headache for our company. I have verified our SPF records are correct. Any guidance that you can provide would be most helpful.

Thanks!

Hi @srickar​, it seems my company is now running into the exact same issue as many of those from this thread. Our problem only started happening this past Saturday (2/23/19). Would you be able to assist in helping us with whitelisting our domain? I've followed you and am waiting for approval. I can provide more details once you accept. Thank you very much!

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Foollwing. Please send me a PM.

@srickar Same issue here, sent a follow request.

Verified SPF records are correct. Would greatly appreciate any help.

If there is a better channel to go through to get this fixed, please let me know.

We do not have a business account, these blocked texts are going to our employees personal devices.

@srickar

We as well are being affected by the "blacklist" I have requested "follow".

Thanks!

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Followed. Please follow back and send me a PM. Thanks.

Its not allowing me 😕

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

You have to follow me back on inbox otherwise I cant initiate a message to you.

"You can only send messages to your Friends / Connections (people following you). You must remove users marked with an exclamation point before your message can be sent."

I am :-)

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi @yeshivak

I was able to send you a message last night. Can you reply to it? Thanks!

@srickar

Thanks!

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

PM sent with details on machine being blocked for potentially sending malware/virus

Knowledgebase - Answers to the Most Common Questions We Receive | Barracuda Networks

@srickar , we have a similar issue with our company's messages being blocked.  I followed you; can you please follow me back and I will PM you details.  Thank you. 

@srickar​  I am also having the same issue with SMS to Email being blocked by our company's  temperature monitoring service.  I have sent you a follow request.  I need to get our domain whitelisted with T Mobile

@srickar​ I see where I'm following you now but I still cant send you a message

SRickar, we have the same problem. Can you please help?