Solved

E-mail to SMS being blocked due to suspected SPAM

Show first post
This topic has been closed for comments

238 replies

Srickar,

We are now getting a different message after making some changes. Is it possible to be whitelisted?

mx196.us-east-2a.ess.aws.cudaops.com rejected your message to the following email addresses:

330XXXXXXX@tmomail.net

Your message couldn't be delivered and there was no valid enhanced status code being issued by the remote mail system to determine the exact cause, status: '550 permanent failure for one or more recipients (330XXXXXXX@tmomail.net:blocked)'.

mx196.us-east-2a.ess.aws.cudaops.com gave this error:

permanent failure for one or more recipients (330XXXXXXX@tmomail.net:blocked)

Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server: VOR-EX1.VOR.LOCAL

Total retry attempts: 1

330XXXXXXX@tmomail.net

mx196.us-east-2a.ess.aws.cudaops.com

Remote Server returned '550 permanent failure for one or more recipients (330XXXXXXX@tmomail.net:blocked)'

Original message headers:

Received: from richfieldpd.us (192.168.20.122) by VOR-EX1.VOR.LOCAL

(192.168.20.128) with Microsoft SMTP Server (version=TLS1_2,

cipher=TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA256_P256) id 15.1.1779.2; Thu, 19

Sep 2019 15:12:50 -0400

MIME-Version: 1.0

Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2019 15:12:50 -0400

Message-ID: <926B5C0BBDC8A0BAC91794F4188346B4151BD05B@VOR0UTIL>

Content-Type: text/plain

Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

X-Priority: 3 (Normal)

Received: from localhost (localhost[127.0.0.1]) by richfieldpd.us (PageGate) with SMTP id 1909191512500 for <330XXXXXXX@tmomail.net>; Thu, 19 Sep 2019 19:12:50 +0000

X-Mailer: PageGate Server 8.1

To: <330XXXXXXX@tmomail.net>

Subject:

Return-Path: dispatch@richfieldpd.us

X-Originating-IP: [192.168.20.122]

X-ClientProxiedBy: VOR-EX1.VOR.LOCAL (192.168.20.128) To VOR-EX1.VOR.LOCAL

(192.168.20.128)

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Carehere is sending survey links ending with .us/ in the message body. Unfortunately, .us/ TLD domains are in high use by spamming entities so many of the spamming engines are triggering similar message content (see examples below). Please find an alternate method to send survey material.  Please note this type of commercial automation traffic should ideally route through a sanctioned subscription based shortcode provider and not through text based email. Surveys should comply with opt-in and other TCPA related topics. https://api.ctia.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/190719-CTIA-Messaging-Principles-and-Best-Practices-FINAL.pdf

Commercial Mobile Radio Address email (CMRS) is a highly restricted FCC domain.

https://transition.fcc.gov/cgb/policy/DomainNameDownload.html

Hello @srickar

We are unable to send email to text to any T-Mobile users that contain a shortened URL for a follow-up survey after an appointment.  This was working previously, but started being blocked about 2 weeks ago.  We use Mailgun.org to send the email-to-text that contain a shortened URL.  We have appropriate SPF records in place for Mailgun as well as the sending mail server.  Texts without the shortened URL arrive without issue, so it seems the URL is the problem.  Here's the response we get from the Mailgun logs.  Please message me for more detail if needed.  Thank you!

{

"code": 550,

"message": "permanent failure for one or more recipients (615XXXXXXX@tmomail.net:blocked)",

"certificate-verified": true

},

"recipient-domain": "tmomail.net",

"event": "failed",

"campaigns": [],

"reason": "blacklisted",

"user-variables": {},

"flags": {

"is-routed": false,

"is-authenticated": true,

"is-system-test": false,

"is-test-mode": false

},

"log-level": "error",

"timestamp": 19 Sep 2019 12:41:24 -0500

"envelope": {

"transport": "smtp",

"sender": "XXXXXXX@carehere.com",

"sending-ip": "198.61.XXX.XX",

"targets": "615XXXXXXX@tmomail.net"

},

"message": {

"headers": {

"to": "615XXXXXXX@tmomail.net,",

"from": "XXXXXXX@carehere.com",

"subject": "How was your health center visit?"

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Not entire domain is rejected, just messages from dispatch. Please check with your CAD provider because messages are prematurely disconnecting and the rejecting code is MALFORMED message format during the handshake process.

We are unable to email t-mobile phone numbers via email to text.  Here is the message:

This is an SMTP server at asp.reflexion.net

We are unable to email t-mobile phone numbers via email to text.  Here is the message:

This is an SMTP server at asp.reflexion.net

Your message could not be delivered to the following address: <XXXXXXXXXX@tmomail.net>

(Unified Log Code: 59869849358, 0001)

from <emailaddress@richfieldpd.us>

to <XXXXXXXXXX@tmomail.net>

d79033a.ess.barracudanetworks.com:209.222.82.162 failed after I sent the message. STARTTLS proto=TLSv1.2; cipher=ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384.

Remote host said: 550 permanent failure for one or more recipients (XXXXXXXXXX@tmomail.net:blocked)

--- Below this line is a copy of the message.

Received: (qmail 10664 invoked from network); 26 Aug 2019 15:56:55 -0000

Received: from unknown (HELO rtc-sm-01.app.dca.reflexion.local) (10.81.150.1)

by 0 (rfx-qmail) with SMTP; 26 Aug 2019 15:56:55 -0000

Received: by rtc-sm-01.app.dca.reflexion.local

(Reflexion email security v9.26.0) with SMTP;

Mon, 26 Aug 2019 11:56:55 -0400 (EDT)

Received: (qmail 16810 invoked from network); 26 Aug 2019 15:56:54 -0000

Received: from unknown (HELO mail.richfieldpd.us) (XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX)

by 0 (rfx-qmail) with (AES256-GCM-SHA384 encrypted) SMTP; 26 Aug 2019 15:56:54 -0000

Received: from richfieldpd.us (XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX) by VOR-EX1.VOR.LOCAL

(XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX) with Microsoft SMTP Server (version=TLS1_2,

cipher=TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA256_P256) id 15.1.1779.2; Mon, 26

Aug 2019 11:56:52 -0400

MIME-Version: 1.0

Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2019 11:56:52 -0400

Message-ID: <15A8BA9AB2842BE435FE87FBC06FDA5AAE659C5A@VOR0UTIL>

Content-Type: text/plain

Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

X-Priority: 3 (Normal)

Received: from localhost (localhost[127.0.0.1]) by richfieldpd.us (PageGate) with SMTP id 2608191156520 for <XXXXXXXXXX@tmomail.net>; Mon, 26 Aug 2019 15:56:52 +0000

X-Mailer: PageGate Server 8.1

To: <XXXXXXXXXX@tmomail.net>

Subject:

Return-Path: emailaddress@richfieldpd.us

X-Originating-IP: [XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX]

X-ClientProxiedBy: VOR-EX1.VOR.LOCAL (XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX) To VOR-EX1.VOR.LOCAL

(XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX)

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi Lyx91, I sent you a PM with details. In future, please dont post any personal numbers or domains.

Hi @srickar​,

Just like @mangortx​, I am also unable to send you a PM.

Generating server: SN1NAM02HT134.mail.protection.outlook.com

mx120.us-east-2a.ess.aws.cudaops.com
Remote Server returned '550 5.7.350 Remote server returned message detected as spam -> 550 permanent failure for one or more recipients

Thank you,

Ly

Hi srickar, I am unable to send you a PM. There is an “!” next to your name. Thanks!

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @lyx91 Send me a PM and I can review the block reason.

I'm not sure I understand. Do you also have the ability to do whitelisting? My message was directed to @srickar​, but you responded.

Thank you so much! Will do first thing tomorrow morning!

Hello @srickar,

I've sent you follow request and was hoping you could help me out as well. Is there anyway you can whitelist the domain @tcgplayer.com from my number (2672394182@tmomail.net)?

This is very important as I need every single email from that domain to my phone.

Many thanks,

Ly

Hi, our SMTP line where our message is being blocked: 2019-09-02T01:17:10.118Z,SMTP,08D6F99962F9C532,23,192.168.0.xxx:13683,xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:25,<,550 permanent failure for one or more recipients (806xxxxxxx@tmomail.net:blocked), can you help us get unblocked? Thanks!

Hi srickar, I just sent a follow request to hopefully get our SMTP 550 Blocked cleared.I can give you more info in PM. Thanks in advance!
Jerry

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

I sent you a PM. Meet you there!

Good afternoon!  We're having this same issue and I was hoping someone could help.  I send a follow request to 'srickar' and it looks like it was accepted, but I'm not able to send a message.  Any ideas how I might get in touch with someone would be greatly appreciated.

Wow - thanks for the quick response!  Definitely in for the Hutchins BBQ ... but you got to get there early or the line is TOO long.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @randyhmiller

Hello neighbor! It was rejecting due to a random generated keyword in the header for ProofPoint scanned messages - had a content match that looked like a domain entry for some recent spam attack that had to be blocked with content match. A few other messages also had random generated message ID's which matched a few other patterns. I have adjusted and messages are passing.

Time for some Hutchins. 😊

Hello - same issue here ... emails to txt were going thru no problems until this week and now getting 550 permanent failure for one or more recipients (xxxxxxxxxx@tmomail.net:554 rejecting banned content).  Emails are coming from friscotexas.gov

I have followed you.  Have checked and it seems that SPF is correct as well.

Thanks for help researching the reason for rejects.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Won't know block reason until can review it. Can you please send me a follow through inbox? Thanks.

We're blacklisted, too. What is the best way to make sure our organization is whitelisted? This message thread appears to be the most hopeful information I've found.  Please let me know, and I'm happy to send you whatever information you need.  I appreciate your help!

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Yes, 10 digit shortcode is coming soon. It's my understanding that long 10 digit texting codes are in testing that just started and I dont have a completion date. Thanks for asking. I indirectly support that regarding spam over shortcode issues. Thanks!

Thank you for the detailed information and we do have plans to move most of these messages over to the 10DLC for A2P.  Since you are very knowledgeable in this area do you have any information on when T-Mobile might be implementing support for the A2P/10DLC using 10 digit numbers?  In following the new CTIA guidelines it sounds like they expect all the carriers to be supporting the 10DLC/A2P so I was hoping T-Mobile would be moving towards that before too long.  I know Verizon had a couple dates set for their 10DLC rollout and have moved it back.

I really have to say I appreciate your knowledgeable help and thoughtful responses to my questions, even if it's not what we were hoping, and I understand your considerations.  Best support I've seen from any carrier relating to these topics so thank you and have a great day!

Thanks, Mark

sorry, commented on the original thread. 

That seemed to do the trick.  Thanks!

Is there anything in particular that we need to be aware of in the future with regard to filtering and whitelisting?

Thanks again!

I just tried again and the notification came through!  Thanks a bunch for your help. 

Is there anything else we need to do or alter to get whitelisted?

Thanks again!