Question

ER06 SIM not ready

• 12 July 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 phone with service from Tmobile. Two days ago, I kept getting notifications from Visual Voicemail saying that it was having trouble connecting with its server. At the end of the day, I noticed that a number of calls had come in on voice mail but I’d never heard the phone ring. I asked my wife to call my phone and her call went right to voice mail. I tried calling out and it returned a message that said call not sent. In the notification line at the top of the phone screen, I noticed crazy activity. The icon for the wifi connection would be on, then it would go away and a 4G icon would come on and then the llittle triangle that indicates connection to the mobile phone network would be marked with an X and no bars. Then, back and forth, rinse, wash and repeat. When I checked my Smart Network Switch, it was on, but then suddenly it would gray out accompanied by a message that read, “This feature is turned off. No SIM card has been inserted.” When I checked Wi-Fi Calling under More Networks, it read, “ER06 - SIM not ready.”  So I assumed that my SIM card had been corrupted somehow. I went into a T Mobile store yesterday morning, and the attendant gave me a new SIM card, did some kind of reset on the phone as well (not a full factory reset) and said it could take up to 24 hours for everything to work again. It is 24 hours later, and things still haven’t resolved. I cannot make a call out or receive a call or text (I tried to get a text to authenticate my credentials to enter this site and did not receive a text, so I went to security questions to get in). I have read in some other forums that the solution is to have customer service reset the IHLR (Integrated Home Location Register) settings. Is that a thing? Please let me know. 

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Have you downloaded any new apps about the time your phone went crazy? Have you wiped the phone’s cache lately? Have you tried restarting into Safe Mode?

Badge

Oh my goodness. I ran it in Safe Mode and it didn’t heat up, appeared to keep connected to network, etc. So I uninstalled two recent apps, and so far, so good. It’s too bad I read the error message. Anyway, thanks for the sound advice. I’ll do that first, next time I encounter a problem. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

So glad things worked out! Woohoo! :cowboy: