Question

Error 407

after an update yesterday I’m have this massage in my note 9 Samsung  phone error 407 the firmware update could not be completed . please ty again later . over and over my phone almost new I used to be with sprint I paid off the phone and I switched to t mobile . I need help , and let you know I did call the t mobile customer Service but they don't  know how to fix it and  I called again they answered , but no one talks I could hear them laughing but no one come to the phone thank you t mobile you have a great customer Service !!! 

50 replies

I am having the same issue on my Note 9. It said there was an update and I scheduled it to update while I was sleeping, when I woke up in the morning and put my pin in for it to finish my phone screen was all zoomed in and I could barley operate it. My boyfriend manged to work through it with the pen and do a factory rest which fixed the issue on the screen. Now I am having the firmware update issue. It pops up and says “The profile update could not be complete. Please try again later. If the problem persists, you may need to contact customer service. Error: Internal error (407)”

I have the exact same issue on an unlocked Galaxy Note 9… I was told by TMobile to contact Google and then Samsung told me since my phone is out of warranty I would have to pay for them to troubleshoot… Quite disappointed to say the least...

Update: First I tried chatting with t mobile through the app and troubleshooting and nothing she had me do worked. Then I went to a t mobile store and the woman that helped me seemed convinced that I had downloaded an app that had given me a virus. I really do not think that's the case since you guys are having the same issue. Last night I went ahead and did a factory reset on my phone and as of right now I'm no longer getting the firmware error. It is kind of a pain to set up my phone from scratch again, but better than buying a new one if it works. I will come back in a couple days with an update on whether or not the error has reappeared since the update, maybe this can be the fix since no one seems to know what the issue is. 

I did a hard reset and it didn’t work, it you restart your phone I wonder if the error will reappear?

Well shit, now I am scared to reset it lmao 

Well now my screen zoomed in yet again and the firmware error is back. 

I am having the same issue.  Sick of trying to close the popups

No time to fix this via troubleshooting,  as too much work. 

If anyone can find a fix without bricking the phone that would be great 

I had the same issue on a Galaxy S10+ after the latest update. I removed the SIM card, then put the SIM card back in. That seems to at least temporarily take care of the issue, though it seems to return on reboot.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

If you download Smartswitch from the Samsung website and connect your phone to your PC there is an option to reinstall the update. It may even be possible to backup some of your data. For more guidance, please chat with Samsung on their website.

Had the same problem on a Samsung Galaxy S10 and here's the solution that seemed to work:

Go to 'Settings' > 'Software update' and hit 'UICC Unlock'
It loads for a moment, then says SIM Restricted... Hit 'OK'
It takes you back to the 'Settings' > 'Software update screen'. Hit 'Download and install'
It loads for a moment, then says Your software is up to date...
Then open that notification saying the profile didn't update.
It loads for a minute, then says Profile updated... Hit 'OK'
It loads again for another minute and says something similarly. Hit 'OK'

Had the same problem on a Samsung Galaxy S10 and here's the solution that seemed to work:

It takes you back to the 'Settings' > 'Software update screen'. Hit 'Download and install'

Has this worked for anyone else? I've a new s10+, I don't know my way around. Don't wanna fick it up. Thanks ♡

Userlevel 1

Same problem! I tried the above

solution and it does not work...at least not on my phone!

Spent over an hour on the phone with both Tmobile and Samsung and they were not only no help at all, but reps knew nothing about this even though it’s now all over the internet and then to make bad matters worse, both disconnected me and never called back even though Samsung rep had my phone number!!!!

Worked for me, so far, see in an hour

I got the same issue on my S10 after yesterday's update (error 407 the firmware update could not be completed. please try again later). If anyone successfully fixed the issue, please let me know how did you do it. Thank you in advance! 

Userlevel 1

I tried the UICC method above and at first I didn't think it worked because I got the  error message again but a little bit later I decided to do a hard reset and I no longer I'm getting that error message at all. So it appears that method followed by a hard reset did the job! Such a relief not to have that constant error message come up over and over again!

I solved the issue today. not %100 sure if it was solved by itself or it was me tho. I downloaded Smartswitch from the Samsung website to my PC. I backed up my phone to a PC using this app, unplugged the phone from USB, and in about 10 min my phone updated the firmware by itself without any error. Let me know if it helped.  

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

If you download Smartswitch from the Samsung website and connect your phone to your PC there is an option to reinstall the update. It may even be possible to backup some of your data. For more guidance, please chat with Samsung on their website.

Yup, like I said. :wink:

Yup, like I said. :wink:

I did not reinstall the update in Smartswitch app tho, not sure how it worked out...

Userlevel 1

I have a S 10 Plus and have been having this issue since the last update, over 2 weeks ago. I called UBreakIFix and they said master resetting the phone is the only known way to get rid of the error. I have not done this, as I do not want to lose what I have on the phone. Does anyone know for sure if this fixes the problem? If so, I guess I will have to do it! I can’t handle the attempted update every hour!!!

This worked for me.    If you have an unlocked phone, the “UICC Unlock” removes the SIM restriction so your phone can work with any SIM.  Once the UICC is unlocked, the firmware update can complete.
 Thank you, Nakisdalw2!

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

I have a S 10 Plus and have been having this issue since the last update, over 2 weeks ago. I called UBreakIFix and they said master resetting the phone is the only known way to get rid of the error. I have not done this, as I do not want to lose what I have on the phone. Does anyone know for sure if this fixes the problem? If so, I guess I will have to do it! I can’t handle the attempted update every hour!!!

Just backup your data & files with Smartswitch to your SD card. Master reset & restore from your last backup. 

PS:  after you have done the steps suggested by Nakisdalw2, restart your phone for the update to take place.

Just backup your data & files with Smartswitch to your SD card. Master reset & restore from your last backup. 

Ariel82,  Yes it works, but restart the phone at the end of the set of steps that Nakisdalw2 sets out.  I would worry that if you only do a Master Reset, you won’t get the update, and, it will just happen again at the next update.  You need to remove the Simm restriction on the UICC option--by “unlocking” it the way Nakisdalw2 describes.

My S8+ updated on 7 August. T-Mobile tried with no success. All stores closed on 8 August, due to pandemic. This string solidified my nightmare. Rebuilt and all seems well. Be sure to use SmartSwtch!

My S8+ updated on 7 August. T-Mobile tried with no success. All stores closed on 8 August, due to pandemic. This string solidified my nightmare. Rebuilt and all seems well. Be sure to use SmartSwtch!

I take it back! It did not work for my S8+! The dreaded ATTENTION notice came back!

Any ideas on how to solve this? This was an Android update, that caused this, correct?