Question

Error 407

after an update yesterday I’m have this massage in my note 9 Samsung  phone error 407 the firmware update could not be completed . please ty again later . over and over my phone almost new I used to be with sprint I paid off the phone and I switched to t mobile . I need help , and let you know I did call the t mobile customer Service but they don't  know how to fix it and  I called again they answered , but no one talks I could hear them laughing but no one come to the phone thank you t mobile you have a great customer Service !!! 

53 replies

Hi everybody! I just got a Tmobile update to my S10e this morning, Oct 5, and it FINALLY cleared the OMADM error after MONTHS! Hooray! I have spent hours trying to solve this problem calling both Samsung and Tmobile customer service to no avail...the only thing that DID work was actually taking the SIM card out, clearing the error by clearing the OMADM cache and force stopping it, turning off my phone and turning it back on again without the SIM card and then putting it back in after rebooting. Problem was I would have to leave my phone on at night (on airplane mode to save battery) and never turning my phone off for months. But it actually rebooted with the update WITHOUT the OMADM error today!!!!

My S8+ updated on 7 August. T-Mobile tried with no success. All stores closed on 8 August, due to pandemic. This string solidified my nightmare. Rebuilt and all seems well. Be sure to use SmartSwtch!

I take it back! It did not work for my S8+! The dreaded ATTENTION notice came back!

Any ideas on how to solve this? This was an Android update, that caused this, correct?

Update: I was able to figure out a work around to eliminate to constant popups. One week is all I had of cellular bluss 

This morning I awoke to a notification of an update. Call me sucker but I thought that may be there would be a real fix.

NOT A FUCKING CHANCE! I'M BACK TO THE SAME GOD DAMN ISSUE! WTF!!!!

after an update yesterday I’m have this massage in my note 9 Samsung  phone error 407 the firmware update could not be completed . please ty again later . over and over my phone almost new I used to be with sprint I paid off the phone and I switched to t mobile . I need help , and let you know I did call the t mobile customer Service but they don't  know how to fix it and  I called again they answered , but no one talks I could hear them laughing but no one come to the phone thank you t mobile you have a great customer Service !!! 

I had the same issue and have returned one cell phone because if it. Realizing that it’s not the phone this time around but the software and researching all over the internet, I found something that worked for me. Someone mentioned trying to fix by doing this on your phone:  'Software update' and hit 'UICC Unlock'. I tried this and it did NOT work for me. I think what’s happening here is that the update is looking for OMADM firmware and is not finding it - if you are a T-Mobile customer, it is not going to find it. This update probably had Sprint customers in mind who are switching to Tmobile because of the merger. That’s my guess. Anyway, here’s what finally worked.

Simply download and install the software but TAKE YOUR SIM CARD OUT when doing so. Do NOT do the software update with your SIM card in the phone! 

After it has updated (this time without the error message), it may say that you need to install your UICC and restart the phone. Hit OK, then  TURN OFF YOUR PHONE. 

PUT YOUR SIM CARD IN THE PHONE.

TURN THE PHONE BACK ON. 

This hopefully will work. Good luck!

If you are experiencing the firmware error 407 after installing the update, try this:

Settings>Connections>Mobile Networks> Network Operators>Search Now> 

Select your current carrier. Then clear the cache of the OMADM app (Found in apps or just search for it) Go to >storage and clear cache.Turn off device, wait a couple minutes, turn on device. You will see the firmware message again and it will be loading but this time it will be completed.

If that does not work then have TM send u another sim. 

and it that dont work its a message from Jesus to buy another phone.

Userlevel 1

Exactly. None of these "solutions " work 

I go through this same scenario everytime with no success.

Had the same problem on a Samsung Galaxy S10 and here's the solution that seemed to work:

Go to 'Settings' > 'Software update' and hit 'UICC Unlock'
It loads for a moment, then says SIM Restricted... Hit 'OK'
It takes you back to the 'Settings' > 'Software update screen'. Hit 'Download and install'
It loads for a moment, then says Your software is up to date...
Then open that notification saying the profile didn't update.
It loads for a minute, then says Profile updated... Hit 'OK'
It loads again for another minute and says something similarly. Hit 'OK'

Thank You , This worked for me on Galaxy Note 10+

Userlevel 1

Had the same problem on a Samsung Galaxy S10 and here's the solution that seemed to work:

Verified and Confirmed this Solution Works.

Thanks a lot.

It takes you back to the 'Settings' > 'Software update screen'. Hit 'Download and install'

So when I hit ‘UICC unlock” it immediately begins trying to do a firmware update. There is no notice saying SIM Restricted….

Same here, it immediately begins doing a firmware update….and then fails, like always. Error code 407 or 400 if I hit cancel. I have been dealing with this for over a month. 

Userlevel 1

Try using the app Smartswitch! :wink:

That method involves resetting the device then restoring it via SmartSwitch correct? No thanks. I don’t have time for that. I just need TMO and/or Samsung to fix their crap. Thanks anyways. Someone mentioned doing a firmware reinstall via that app but I don’t see that option anywhere either.

Power on your phone without the sim card. The update will run its course. Power off phone. Power on phone with sim card. 'Update complete' will appear on screen. Worked for me Note 10+.

Did not work for me :( This is going on over a month and nothing has solved the issue.

Userlevel 1

Thanks a lot.

So when I hit ‘UICC unlock” it immediately begins trying to do a firmware update. There is no notice saying SIM Restricted….

Userlevel 1

I have a S 10 Plus and have been having this issue since the last update, over 2 weeks ago. I called UBreakIFix and they said master resetting the phone is the only known way to get rid of the error. I have not done this, as I do not want to lose what I have on the phone. Does anyone know for sure if this fixes the problem? If so, I guess I will have to do it! I can’t handle the attempted update every hour!!!

Just backup your data & files with Smartswitch to your SD card. Master reset & restore from your last backup. 

Ariel82,  Yes it works, but restart the phone at the end of the set of steps that Nakisdalw2 sets out.  I would worry that if you only do a Master Reset, you won’t get the update, and, it will just happen again at the next update.  You need to remove the Simm restriction on the UICC option--by “unlocking” it the way Nakisdalw2 describes.

So when i do as suggested, the steps listed above do not happen for me. If I hit UICC unlock it says “Sim unlocking could not be completed. Please try again later. If the problem persists, you may need to contact Customer Service. Error: Internal Error (407)”​

Thank you! Worked great. Saved me a fight with T-M. 

My S8+ updated on 7 August. T-Mobile tried with no success. All stores closed on 8 August, due to pandemic. This string solidified my nightmare. Rebuilt and all seems well. Be sure to use SmartSwtch!

I take it back! It did not work for my S8+! The dreaded ATTENTION notice came back!

Any ideas on how to solve this? This was an Android update, that caused this, correct?

If none of the suggestions here are working, try backing up your phone with Smartswitch, master resetting, restart your phone from OFF, try to update, then restore your data from your Smartswitch backup. Let us know what happens...

Not even close. Any other ideas? I want to know WHERE Samsung, TMOBILE get off making such a mess and not repairing it. How about a credit for lost time?!

Thanks a lot.

That method involves resetting the device then restoring it via SmartSwitch correct? No thanks. I don’t have time for that. I just need TMO and/or Samsung to fix their crap. Thanks anyways. Someone mentioned doing a firmware reinstall via that app but I don’t see that option anywhere either.

Power on your phone without the sim card. The update will run its course. Power off phone. Power on phone with sim card. 'Update complete' will appear on screen. Worked for me Note 10+.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Actually, Smartswitch backs up just about everything including settings (if you tell it to) so restoring is pretty quick.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

This is so stupid. Just updated my Note 10+ and now this notice can back. C'mon T-Mobile!

I'm certainly not doing a factory reset. Yeah must not use your device daily. That wastes way too much time downloading and setting things up again.

Just fix it T-Mobile! 

This Worked for me perfectly. I have a Note 9 - Thank you So much!

Has this worked for anyone else? I've a new s10+, I don't know my way around. Don't wanna fick it up. Thanks ♡

A shorter version of this just worked for my unlocked S9 running Android 10. After letting UICC Unlock run to completion I accepted that scary message about Sim now restricted (status still shows phone as unlocked) tried Download and Install as suggested, but got nothing. That made sense, since it's up to date, it's just a firmware update confirmation that's missing.

So I went straight to an ordinary reboot (restart, not a hard reset) and it came back up wuth a popup message:

"Attention  - Completed reporting firmware version" 

No problems since,. It may not have been a full hour yet, but that popup convinced  me I'm done seeing Error 407!

This worked for me too. Thanks!!!

This doesn’t work on a Galaxy S8 with Android Pie...does anyone have a solution yet for this?

Has this worked for anyone else? I've a new s10+, I don't know my way around. Don't wanna fick it up. Thanks ♡

A shorter version of this just worked for my unlocked S9 running Android 10. After letting UICC Unlock run to completion I accepted that scary message about Sim now restricted (status still shows phone as unlocked) tried Download and Install as suggested, but got nothing. That made sense, since it's up to date, it's just a firmware update confirmation that's missing.

So I went straight to an ordinary reboot (restart, not a hard reset) and it came back up wuth a popup message:

No problems since,. It may not have been a full hour yet, but that popup convinced  me I'm done seeing Error 407!

This worked for me too. Thanks!!!

Getting same error on Galaxy S8 and nothing works soo far. This started happening right after the last security update I made

If none of the suggestions here are working, try backing up your phone with Smartswitch, master resetting, restart your phone from OFF, try to update, then restore your data from your Smartswitch backup. Let us know what happens...

My S9 updated same day, with same result. I've just fixed it with simplified version recommended by NakIsdalw2:

Let it run to completion and accept the scary message that your Sim is now restricted (status still says otherwise). 

As suggested, I did try Download and Install after that but nothing happened (because it's up to date, only the firmware confirmation is missing). I think you can skip it. 

Then do an ordinary reboot (restart).

I got a pop up on reboot:

Fixed!