Question

GALAXY S20 G5 disruption with txt and calls / not wifi or cell data related and many other issues

• 3 September 2020
  • 10 replies

Badge +1

I keep having problems with my new Galaxy S20 G5 , disruption of service, random message of no cellular data available, and so on, this is a $1000 phone and it’s not working correctly !!

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S20/Galaxy-S20-G5-disruption-with-txt-and-calls-not-wifi-or-cell/m-p/1408219#M16453 

10 replies

I have the same problem.   I don't think it is the phone seems the Tmobile app is able to resolve it by reseting a couple of things on the Tmobile side.  Hopefully it is something that gets worked out soon though :)

I am having the same problem with my Galaxy S20+.  Sometimes I get the (NO SERVICE) message instead of T-Mobile when I pull down menu.  Also had GPS not working about 6 or 7 times, had to restart the phone and then it worked…. Restarting the phone or putting it on Airplane mode then take it off the airplane mode seems to fix the issue and works for a short while and then the problem comes back.

Is seems that it looses the connection with the network or something. 

I did speed tests when I have the issues and it barely works or sometimes doesn't work at all, I do the reboot or airplane mode on/off and then it works great again.

I am not sure if it’s an issue with the phone or with the service.  I’ve never had this kind of issues with my Galaxy S8+.  

Can someone at T-Mobile look into this issue, I have friends that have same phone and have the same issue, this is common problem it looks like.

I am having the same problem with my Galaxy S20+.  Sometimes I get the (NO SERVICE) message instead of T-Mobile when I pull down menu.  Also had GPS not working about 6 or 7 times, had to restart the phone and then it worked…. Restarting the phone or putting it on Airplane mode then take it off the airplane mode seems to fix the issue and works for a short while and then the problem comes back.

Is seems that it looses the connection with the network or something. 

I did speed tests when I have the issues and it barely works or sometimes doesn't work at all, I do the reboot or airplane mode on/off and then it works great again.

I am not sure if it’s an issue with the phone or with the service.  I’ve never had this kind of issues with my Galaxy S8+.  

Can someone at T-Mobile look into this issue, I have friends that have same phone and have the same issue, this is common problem it looks like

I seem to have gotten most if not all of my issues with my Note 20+ solved through a couple of steps.

1) I got T-Mobile to swap my SIM card for one of the newer R15 SIM cards (They have R15 stamped on the card).  That seemed to have taken care of the majority of random issues.

2) I noticed with my phone that there was a Bixby routine called “Save Battery at Night.”  I think it must be a default one because I didn’t set it up.  Part of the routine is “Mobile Date Off.”  My phone for whatever reason wasn’t always turning it back on, even though the route should have ended and it should have been turned back on.  I don’t know why T-Mobile removes the Mobile Data button from quick settings so that you can check it easily, but they do.  My previous phone as unlocked and had that Mobile Data button in quick settings.  Anyway, I disabled that routine and that really helped.

Try those and steps and see if it helps. 

Thanks for the reply. I did get the R15 sim card a couple weeks ago, but still have the same issues. I don't have any of the network on the Bixby Routine. My friend that has similar issues wants to switch to  Verizon now, after this issue and other issues with t-mobile customer service messing up his account. 

I been with t-mobile since 1999 (VoiceStream). 

I'm wondering if the issues has to do with the Sprint merger, more people on same network, or something. Its sad, it used to work great and reliable, now its hit and miss, not reliable at all unless I'm on WIFI... been getting voice-mails (call go straight to voice mail)... 

I am still trying to get to the bottom of it.  I have been on T-Mobile for years and never a problem.

Up until August I had an unlocked Note 10+ on T-Mobile and never a problem.  My wife still has an unlocked Note 10 and no problems.

So is the issue with the Samsung 20 series phones? The carrier locked versions? 5G? 

I went with the carrier version this time around thinking that it might be less problematic with T-Mobiles 5G, but in retrospect I wish I had stayed with unlocked to see if that would have made a difference.

Is yours unlocked? If so at least it rules that out.

No, my phone is a T-Mobile version.  I tested my Galaxy S8+ and now that phone too seems to have intermittent network connection at my workplace, where before it used to work no problem. I wonder if this issue started when the SA 5G came live, wonder if that has anything to do with it, although my S8+ is 4G LTE phone.... 

Something happened with T-mobile network recently, I guess I can rule out the S20 issues as now it seems to be happening with my old phone too.

Badge +1

So it seems that this is a problem with the transition of the G5 network, as soon as I changed my device to 4G in network settings the problem was solved, so depending where you reside you might have that “hickup” network problem, I am in PA and I was told that by the end of the month (Sept2020) the system should be fully upgraded.

Badge +1

System is still not updated, funny thing I get awesome speed on LT4 and 3 now..love it

Badge +1

No response from T-Mobile,  why selling G5 phones when network still is not ready!!!!!

Really pissed

I have has the Galaxy S 20 Ultra for several months with no issues. Starting in October, it would disconnect from 5 G. I would have to restart the phone to get it back. Then on October 6th, my phone became inoperable. I switched to the 10 e and experienced the same issue. The error I am seeing is “com.android,phone stops working”. It is not a cache problem. it is a software problem that T Mobile can not figure out. I have factory reset both multiple times, taken my S20 to have it “Flashed” and still have the issue. I even changed SIM Cards. When the error pops up, you can not call or send texts.  Now I have a 1400.00 phone and an 800.00 dollar phone that is totally useless to me. I have been with T Mobile since the VoiceStream days. I never experienced issues like this. I hate to say but I might just have to switch to an I Phone. Hopefully the software issues will be resolved in a few days? Not so sure? T Mobile tech support told me today that there is nothing they can do. Come on T Mobile! Get this resolved with Samsung.