Question

Good signal poor performance.

• 23 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

I’m about 1.5 mile from a tower, I have 3 bars says good. My desktop has speed test in the 50’s wired connection. IPhone with T-Moble service about the same speed. TV’s run about 25 mbps. A good bit of buffering when changing channels but runs pretty smooth during programming. First day or two I had the service I was getting speed around 130 mbps and 50 to 60 mbps on the TV’s and the settings were same. I have the modem about 7 feet off the floor aimed out the window. I have adjusted it right and left a few inches at a time until I had the highest speed. The bars and strength never changed. The metric numbers all show poor.  On the second day my internet signal dropped and I had to contact support and after hours on the phone it was up and running as it is now. Any ideas? Thanks.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

what makes you believe the tower you see is a TMO tower? the tower you might be connecting to might end up being a further out tower in some other direction.

or that might in fact be a TMO tower but either its having issues or the next out tower is and forcing all the people normally using the problem tower onto your tower creating capacity issues.

@formercanuck  any recommendations?

Badge

I’m new to T-Mobile so I don’t know much. I found the tower on Apple Maps and it is labeled T-Mobile is all I know. I guess I’ll call support tomorrow and ask them which tower I’m on. I do know I'm not happy with all the trouble I'm having including dropped signals and slow speeds. Thanks for your reply.