Question

Good signal with no connection in Good Coverage Area (Gilbert Rd and Germann Rd Chandler, Arizona 85249)

• 28 October 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge

Why do I have good signal, sometimes full bars in this area, and yet there is still no connection despite saying either 5G UC/ 5G/ LTE / 4G? I’m consistently in this area every week shopping and nothing loads in this area, even in the middle of the night.

This is the exact address: 3757 S Gilbert Rd, Chandler, AZ 85249

It has been like this for the past year, and I thought it would improve once they added 5G towers, but it remains the same unfortunately.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I live close to that area but use a 4G phone with no problems. Maybe 5G isn't strong in that area. Next time you're in the area try changing in the settings to connect to 4G to see if it's the towers in the area.

Badge

Oh it's definitely the towers in the area. Once I drive half a mile away from it, I have connection again. But that area is just a dead spot, connectivity wise, despite having full bars.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I had a 5G phone a few months ago but went back to my Pixel 4XL because I got better speeds. I once hit 180 down at Arizona and Ocotillo with my Pixel.