Question

Grand fathered account Data blocked from working on android??

Badge

I have this T-mobiile account(business) for a long time(20+ yrs) so I’m grand fathered. As far as remember since I had it setup for BlackBerry 10 years ago the data would never work on an Android phone it works on differenet iPhones… here & there I tried the SIM on Android phone and the Data never worked and it doesn’t as of now. So i assumed since this is an old account I’m blocked from getting Data on Android.

I called today for something else but asked about that Data & they said it is supposed to work on any phone no restrictions they can see but after almost 3 hrs back&forth  with support it doesn’t work they were helpful but no matter what they tried it didn’t work on the LG Stylo (which I use overseas and the data works nicely with the SIM from there)

So I’m doomed??? and this account would never work on Android??? or  there’s some weird setting they are missing???

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

their network wont just up and decide a specific type of device wont work on their network..even at the account level they cant add in there that the data can only be used on a specific type of phone. the sim card itself has been changed out?

also which grandfathered plan do you have?

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

From my understanding on the old forums this popped up.  The issue is the data plan and how it’s setup.  Apple changed how theirs worked more in line with Blackberry ways of networking.  That’s why those two work with that plan.  Android has never worked, because of how they handle data.  It had something to do with data compression standards, and BIS.

There was a gigantic thread before the forum change.  T-Mobile has to modify protocols and could break things which may violate their grandfather agreements placed on legacy plans.