Horrible Reception in Oak Point, TX since Feb Freeze

• 16 April 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge

Our neighborhood has had horrible T-Mobile reception since the February freeze in TX. I called support and they said the area was under going a 5G upgrade that was stopped during the freeze. I have a 4G LTE phone and have horrible reception. At home, I can use wifi calling but once I walk out my door, I have to drive a good ways to get working cell service. My phone will show bars (with or without and “X”) but the connection will not work.

My wife has the new S21 5G. Her phone shows much better 5G coverage in the house but it doesn’t work at all. And being Samsung, it switches her Wifi Calling to “Cellular Preferred” which makes her miss calls (she does have bars, the service just does not work). T-Mobile told her to turn off 5G (which we have tried) with the same results. Because of this, Wifi Calling doesn’t work well for her brand new device. Once she walks out the door, she has to drive a good ways to get working cell service. Her phone will show bars (with or without and “X”) but the connection will not work. Additionally, she has to cycle Airplane Mode a few times a day at home just to send/receive text messages. This is ridiculous.

This is affecting the whole neighborhood and people have been complaining about poor T-Mobile/Sprint reception even since the February Freeze. What can we do to get T-Mobile to look at these towers and fix them?

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

. What can we do to get T-Mobile to look at these towers and fix them?

contact TMO either by calling in or contact their T-Force via Facebook or Twitter to get someone to look into it..the site here is mainly peer to peer with a few moderators and an admin keeping order..they do not have access to accounts.