Question

Hotspot data not resetting

• 23 April 2021
  • 0 replies

Badge

I am in the US and purchased two hotspots to provide internet service to my home.  We are far from any wired or other service, so 4G/LTE from the towers nearby is what we have to work with.

Prior to joining TMobile, I used a company called Trifecta for this service.  Their system gets signal from the same TMobile towers with unlimited data and no slowdowns.  However their cost is about double the hotspot costs so giving it a try.

First month worked great.  I hit about 85Gb of data on my 100Gb account.  Speeds were about the same and reliable.   

Now that the billing cycle has reset, I am not getting any data thru the hotspot.  I’ve verified signal is present by restarting the trifecta device.  it gets same as before the change.  Only the TMobile hotspot fails to work now.

All phones and other devices work fine.  I also use an app on my phone called “opensignal” which shows plenty for TMobile here.

If this is something that is going to recur each month, I’ll need to stay with my old provider and move away from TMobile, but other than this, I’ve liked the service.   The biggest function is internet though, as I work from home and we get all our service thru these devices.  

I need a fix pretty quickly.

Thanks

Tony

0 replies

Be the first to reply!