Question

Hotspot No Route Issues

• 8 April 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge

While connected to Mobile Hotspot off my phone I seem to have this weird issue where I can use internet just fine, but trying to use it to play destiny 2 or connect to Discord Voice chat seem to be non functioning, giving me a no route error on Discord, and Error Cabbage on Destiny 2, which is basically just a “Your router isn’t connecting properly” issue, from my research. But also, while my Switch is connected to the hotspot, I can’t join lobbies in Monster Hunter Rise.

I mostly bring up the Switch connection issue to point out that it is not just my laptop and it’s connection to my hotspot, but seemingly anything connected to my hotspot. My internet connection on my phone and my hotspot seem fine otherwise, so I am not sure what is going on.

2 replies

Badge

Initially, going into your connections>mobile networks> access point names and clicking on those 3 dots in the upper right hand corner and resetting your network APN fixed the issue for me.  Now i’m getting this same issue AGAIN and resetting my APN isn’t working.  T-Mobile seems to have a serious problem with this and I have yet to see that they have any visibility on the matter whatsoever.

In my experience, all new Samsung galaxy phones, after latest 2 updates having same issues. Hotspot from my phone to my iPad, trying to play games that require server connectivity, just like you described, no luck. I can connect fine and browse internet, but can't play games.