Question

Hotspot No Route Issues

• 8 April 2021
  • 8 replies

Badge

While connected to Mobile Hotspot off my phone I seem to have this weird issue where I can use internet just fine, but trying to use it to play destiny 2 or connect to Discord Voice chat seem to be non functioning, giving me a no route error on Discord, and Error Cabbage on Destiny 2, which is basically just a “Your router isn’t connecting properly” issue, from my research. But also, while my Switch is connected to the hotspot, I can’t join lobbies in Monster Hunter Rise.

I mostly bring up the Switch connection issue to point out that it is not just my laptop and it’s connection to my hotspot, but seemingly anything connected to my hotspot. My internet connection on my phone and my hotspot seem fine otherwise, so I am not sure what is going on.

8 replies

Same.

I  can connect to at&t, Verizon hotspot or any wifi just fine but about 4 months ago my t-mobile hotspot started to refuse my connection to online game and discord. Like it was closing network ports.

I have been in contact with t-mobile support for weeks now. Their engineers are so far unable to figure it out but seem to be still trying.

I have a similar issue for Discord only. I don’t have any problems in games, but if I set up my 5G hotspot in 5G mode. I can not connect to discord voice. I can do anything else, it’s just voice giving me an RTC connection problem. If I switch my hotspot to 4G mode, voice works fine. And so far, I don’t see any speed issues, but I have only had my hotspot active for a few days. 

I find it funny that my Google Pixel 4a 5G doesn’t have any problems connecting to Discord voice chat. 

So I just found the reason that my Pixel doesn’t have any problems with VOIP… It has a setting so that all VOIP are done on the LTE network… And it would seem that ALL the T-Mobile 5G phones use this setting. But that setting isn’t an option in the hotspot??? Why???

Update,

They have no clue. They tried to B.S. an excuse and have no idea who they are talking to.

200mbps downloads but no route to discord is not a congestion issue.

Looks like I'm going to Verizon after being with t-mobile from 2003 in EU.

Update! 

I called support this morning and found that, for my inseego 5g hotspot, changing the apn worked.

Old: fast.t-mobile.com

New: Fast.t-mobile.com

That's right! Capitalizing the F in fast made discord voice work again.... 😂😂😂😂😂😂 

Maybe it will help you too. 

Badge

Initially, going into your connections>mobile networks> access point names and clicking on those 3 dots in the upper right hand corner and resetting your network APN fixed the issue for me.  Now i’m getting this same issue AGAIN and resetting my APN isn’t working.  T-Mobile seems to have a serious problem with this and I have yet to see that they have any visibility on the matter whatsoever.

Update! 

I called support this morning and found that, for my inseego 5g hotspot, changing the apn worked.

That's right! Capitalizing the F in fast made discord voice work again.... 😂😂😂😂😂😂 

So the only way to change my APN is by adding a whole new one. Is that what you mean?

Update! 

So the only way to change my APN is by adding a whole new one. Is that what you mean?

For the inseego 5g hotspot. You have to select custom apn. Then enter the address. So yes, you have to add a different, yet the same, apn. 

In my experience, all new Samsung galaxy phones, after latest 2 updates having same issues. Hotspot from my phone to my iPad, trying to play games that require server connectivity, just like you described, no luck. I can connect fine and browse internet, but can't play games.