Solved

How can I call a Mexican 800 number from the US?

The number in Mexico would be dialed 01800 but I can't reach it by dialing 01152(01)800 (already tried removing the 01).

icon

Best answer by tmo_mike_c 3 May 2017, 18:02

I don't show that this is something you can do @virgilio121​ Sorry about that. Have you tried searching for this place online? They may have another means of contact you can use to get in touch with them. If you have found a way to call them, please reply back and share what you know. This could be really helpful for other folks that may need help doing this. Thanks!

View original

18 replies

Might not be possible.  Unless things have changed, recently, can't call U.S. 800 numbers from outside U.S.

Agreed - Tmobile support was unable to help. 800 numbers can be called from outside the US by dialing 880 instead of 800.

Now, "800" numbers can be 888, 877,866,855, and 844.  

Now that most people have cell phones and there is no such thing any more as LD within the U.S. - it would seem there is little/no need for 800 numbers.

Userlevel 5

@virgilio121, this is an area that I'm not too familiar with. Earlier in the thread, you mentioned:

Claudio Meneses wrote:

800 numbers can be called from outside the US by dialing 880 instead of 800.

Have you tried converting the phone number to include 880 vs 800?

Conversion only works when calling U.S. 800 numbers from Mexico to U.S.  Mexican 800 numbers must follow a different international dialing convention, but I haven't found it.

Userlevel 5

This might be a long shot but have you tried dialing +521800?

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Its a indirect solution but have you considered just useing another app that uses data to place the call that you need. Also have you tried entering the countries  phone code which is +52 and then putting the number in.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Actually a better example would look like "011 52 55 ???? ????" that would be for  a landline phone and for cells its the same deal just add a area code so that it looks more like " 011 52 1 AA ???? ???? or AAA ??? ????"

A= Area code

Yep -- it didn't work.

Yes to both -- none worked. In addition to Skype I also tried a calling card. The problem with going the +52 route is that the 800 is replacing the city area code and without it the call won't connect.

I did try that (I believe 55 is Mexico city) but it didn't work. Adding the 1 didn't work either.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

just out of curiosity sake what do you need to call a 1-800 number about. Is it to place a order on something? If so you can look for a easier solution.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

I don't show that this is something you can do @virgilio121​ Sorry about that. Have you tried searching for this place online? They may have another means of contact you can use to get in touch with them. If you have found a way to call them, please reply back and share what you know. This could be really helpful for other folks that may need help doing this. Thanks!

Don't forget - some companiers also provide a regular number you can call.  TM provides +1505-998-3793 that you can call when out of the country.

Just Dial

011 52 (800) XXX-XXXX

No "1" between 52 and 800

It worked for me!

011 52 800   or  +52 800  and the number

If it's like U.S - at least in the past - you can restrict your 800 number to only allow calls coming from certain area codes.  The holder of the 800 number pays for the call.

+52-800-XXX-XXXX is the only way it worked for me.