Question

How Reliable is Digits? Is this normal....

• 11 November 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

I have 1 phone with a Tmobile plan and using Digits app on my 2nd phone which is a Sprint plan with Tmobile SIM card… from what I understand it shouldn’t matter what carrier you’re using as long as you have wifi or cell signal the calls & texts should come through to the app.  I HAVE noticed that verification texts (from banks, password resets, etc) will NOT carry over to the Digits app and will only show up on the device with my Tmobile plan/SIM…. what’s strange is that I don’t receive texts from certain personal numbers (not sure what carrier) but I do know of one instance where a Tmobile customer had been trying to reach me via text several times per day for 4 days in a row and also tried calling me and none of the calls or texts came through to the Digits app.  I would have thought that if any texts & calls were relaible it would at least be from Tmobile numbers. I have experienced issues in the past using VOIP apps where Verizon customers never received my texts but I wasn’t expecting a Tmobile service to not function between it’s own customers?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

the DIGITS app wont work with short code texts..as for the texts not coming through are they being sent to the TMO device or the Sprint device? and when youre in DIGITS are you selecting the Sprint device to view its messages or still on the TMO device?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I was also curious about something. Are you and the person trying to contact you using iPhones? I know Digits doesn’t pick up communications between iPhones because those messages go through as data instead of SMS.