Solved

How to set up a new phone in a foreign country

Hello,

I am currently traveling and I plan to get a new iphone to replace my old one. Is it possible to set up the phone myself, or do you have international affiliates that could set up the new phone for me?

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by tmo_marissa 8 May 2018, 16:55

Hey, @magenta4834939​! Hope your travel is going well! T-Mobile US is a US based company, so we don't have international affiliates who could set the device up. Depending on where you're travelling, you may see some T-Mobile locations -- there are other versions of T-Mobile worldwide, but we're not affiliated in that sense. What kind of phone were you planning on picking up? We ship to US locations, were you getting an international device? If so, you may want to make sure that the phone supports the T-Mobile network bands & technologies​. 

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6

Hey, @magenta4834939​! Hope your travel is going well! T-Mobile US is a US based company, so we don't have international affiliates who could set the device up. Depending on where you're travelling, you may see some T-Mobile locations -- there are other versions of T-Mobile worldwide, but we're not affiliated in that sense. What kind of phone were you planning on picking up? We ship to US locations, were you getting an international device? If so, you may want to make sure that the phone supports the T-Mobile network bands & technologies​. 

Userlevel 5

Good morning (or afternoon/evening depending on where you're located)!

Welcome to our Support Community! Did the link that Marissa provided above help answer your questions on purchasing a new iPhone? If you have more questions, we have answers; just let us know!