I am unable to make calls

icon

Best answer by tmo_amanda 7 September 2019, 00:58

View original

28 replies

Unable to call anyone

unable to make calls

Userlevel 3

Hey there! What area are you in? I'll take a look to see what's going on.

BARRINGTON  NEW JERSEY

Userlevel 3

Thanks for chiming in! Looks like we've had a good amount of reports come in within the past hour from the NE area stating they're unable to make calls and get a busy signal instead. Our engineers are already on it and working on getting everything back to normal ASAP. When I find out more, I'll update the thread.

not working in boston either, data is fine, can't call on lte or wifi won't connect. If calling a t mobile cell phone doesn't ring but you can get to voicemail

Userlevel 3

Thanks for the extra details, @magenta9873727​. 

Is there an outage? If so, estimated restore time?

I am in CT and on both lines on our business account we are unable to make calls, even to 611, customer service.

thanks

Userlevel 3

Hi @nejirwin​!

I'm not sure if you saw my previous message:

Amanda wrote:

Looks like we've had a good amount of reports come in within the past hour from the NE area stating they're unable to make calls and get a busy signal instead. Our engineers are already on it and working on getting everything back to normal ASAP. When I find out more, I'll update the thread.

Same in Jersey City, NJ for the past hour.  No voice, but text works.   Looking for an ETA on the fix.

Also, why isn't TMobile self-reporting on social media? That's your thing and you have nothing on this.

Also unable to make calls in Ohio

All 5 lines on my family plan are unable to make calls in Allentown PA

Cant make or receive calls Bristol RI. Can text and go online but no calling.

I also cant make calls in Ocean County NJ but can get text messaged

hey i'am in NYC and i am unable to make or receive calls at this time and i don't know why. I have tried resetting my phone and everything.

No calls in Haverhill, MA, just texting. Do we have an answer regarding the outage? I'm losing customers due to lack of communication and am going to have a lot of explaining to do.  Please fill us in.

Userlevel 3

I'm not sure why a social media post hasn't been created yet, but you're right -- we're all about transparency!

Still no ETA, but I'll update once I hear more.

I am having the same issue in PA!  What's going on? Last call I made was around lunchtime, and who knows how many I've missed.

I also had to reset my Tmobile password 3 times before it finally registered.  Finally in and the website greeting is now MagentaXXXXXXXX.  It used to say my name.

Has there been a security compromise at Tmobile?

Userlevel 3

I don't have the details of when this started but I heard the first report a little over an hour ago. As far as the greeting goes, you likely used your T-Mobile ID to create a new Support Community account and the default username was chosen vs one being created. If you go back to www.my.t-mobile.com, it should show your name not the magentaXXXX username.

The name on Tmobile is very minor.  It was only meant to point out maybe something significant has occurred. 

Userlevel 3

Looks like everything is getting back to normal. You may need to restart your phone to refresh the network connection.

@ Amanda - Why did you tell me you've only heard about this for about an hour.  It's 6:58 PM ET now and you responded to this question before 3 PM

Why? Can you explain?  Some have updated their iOS and had the issue.  I have not and still same issue. 

Userlevel 3

Not sure if your time zones are setup properly but the thread was created at 3:46 pm MT and it is now 5:01 pm MT.

Time stamps are all on the same page, on your website, accessed via my computer.  It is not my time zone issue. 

What is going on?!