Solved

I  keep getting error ero82 unable to connect

My phone is Samsung Galaxy Core Prime. I would get wifi calling errors when using a Netgear router. So I changed to the T-Mobile WiFi Cellspot router and still have the same problems. Any ideas besides restarting wifi calling and the phone?

icon

Best answer by tmo_mike_c 6 March 2016, 18:03

Hey @jwhlrussell‌ I have a few ideas for you.

Are you able use the internet on Wi-Fi without an issue? Also, have you made sure your 911 Address was set up properly? e911 troubleshooting for Wi-Fi Calling

View original

19 replies

Disregard my previous message about Google+, think I've figured it out.

Thanks. I've gone to goigle+ but don't see how to contact them.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Thanks for testing that out and yes, that helps us diagnose what's going on. I prescribe a Trouble Ticket be filed for these error codes. You can do this by contacting our T-Force team through the social media links below. They're an awesome group of T-Mobile experts that have the tools to file this for you and they can be reached 24/7. Just let them know what "symptoms" you're getting and you can even link them to this discussion so they have the play-by-play of everything you've done.

So I had the same issue on a different wifi network and a different isp provider. It seems that when the phone is idle for any length of time I'll get the errors.

Hope this helps in the diagnosis! 😀

Ok,  confirmed same issue on a totally different wifi network. My home

network is  cable and the second site was dsl. Same error codes.

Jay W. Russell

West Oaks Congregation

(***)***-****

New error code reg90. Hadn't used the phone for 30 minutes.

Jay

In addition to previous reply, my wife's phone has no problem at the

moment and only after disabling wifi and re-enable the error message

cleared.

Jay

Just got er082 after the screen was off for a while. That seems the

pattern.

Jay

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Awesome sauce!! I look forward to hearing back from you! 😊

Ok.  Give me a few days and I'll get back with you! Thanks so much!

Jay W. Russell

West Oaks Congregation

(***)***-****

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

You'd need to contact a team with access to our over-the-air system to do that, like T-Force. That's something we would do prior to filing the trouble ticket, but I would recommend testing the other Wi-Fi first before filing it. If it happens on another Wi-Fi connection, then it would warrant filing that ticket and we'll continue on that path.

I'd appreciate any available updated.

Jay W. Russell

West Oaks Congregation

(***)***-****

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Yes. I meant routers. I'm just thinking it'll be a good idea to test another ISP's connection. The next step would be filing a ticket, but this test is a good idea before we travel that route.

That's surprising you went through multiple CellSpots. That makes me even more curious as to what happens on another connection. We do have over-the-air updates that can be sent from our systems and they help with situations like this.

Possibly but it'll be a few days.

You mentioned both phones, did you mean both routers, just to being sure?

Since you did mention phones, my wife's phone is a Galaxy Lite SGH-T399.

I just put on her wifi calling on as another test. This is our 3rd

Cellspot, the first one had performance issues, the second allowed us to

make outgoing calls but all incoming calls went to voice mail. We both had

the SGH-T399 phones. Since I got the new Core Prime I thought of giving the

Cellspot another shot. Never did get the error messages on the SGH-T399.

When I had problems before TMO pushed some updates to our phones.

Hope this little history helps!

Jay

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

It would be worth a shot to see if the message is showing up as the result of something going on with your ISP's connection. Especially since both phones are seeing this. Testing another Wi-Fi would be my next suggestion. Is that possible at all? For example, can you use a friend's Wi-Fi?

No I haven't, only with the 2 different routers I've had at home, Netgear

on now the Cellspot.

Jay W. Russell

West Oaks Congregation

(***)***-**** ***edited personal info Mike C.***

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hmm. Okay. Are you able to test another Wi-Fi connection to see if the error shows up?

Mike,

Thanks for the suggestions. My e911 address is correct and wife works even

with the errors.

Jay

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hey @jwhlrussell‌ I have a few ideas for you.

Are you able use the internet on Wi-Fi without an issue? Also, have you made sure your 911 Address was set up properly? e911 troubleshooting for Wi-Fi Calling