Solved

I'm visiting Santiago in Dominican Republic in May - can I use my t-mo phone?

• 15 April 2018
  • 5 replies

Does T-mobile have options for international travel? I'm visiting the Dominican Republic in May, and I wonder if I can use my phone... Or do I need to unlock it and pick up a prepaid SIM down there?

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 16 April 2018, 02:55

View original

5 replies

T-Mobile has very good international roaming for postpaid customers.

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-3226

International Plans | Traveling Abroad without Roaming Fees | T-Mobile

DomRep is one of the "Simple Choice" countries where texting and (slow) data are free and calls are only 20¢/min.

They use mostly the same frequencies as the US, so any T-Mobile phone should work fine.

Read the fine print for the details.

What plan are you on?

Userlevel 4

Hey there! @drnewcomb2​ offered up some awesome info here -- we can help get you more specifics if you let us know your current plan! 😊

Userlevel 4

Hullo @magenta4661341​! Just wanted to check in and see if you were able to find the answer to your question using the links Dr N provided. If you still need some assistance, please let us know what type of plan you have and we're happy to help! 😊

I already have the senior plan. Can I make calls in Santo Domingo fro my short visit, or do I need to switch to the Magenta plan.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

No matter what plan you have you can make calls but you're going to be charged for them unless you have an add on an international plan especially if your calling D.R numbers.

If calling the USA from the D.R you're best bet is to use WiFi calling.