I only get 2 or one bar of service

Badge

I only get 2 bars of service, and 2 bars is the highest it’ll go. I paid for another month not too long ago, and it still doesn’t go past 2. I’ve tried everything from restarting to re-inserting the sim card again. I really don’t want to think I paid $50 just for 1-2 bars. Is there anything else I can do to get my data to reach 4 bars again?  My phone model is the iPhone XS Max. 

4 replies

Badge

Maybe you are too hung up with the number of signal bars. It’s more important whether you get good stable internet and usable speed or not. If yes, you should not worry too much about the number of bars. My box also gets only 2 bars since day one, but my internet is good, besides the frequent system outage as everyone is complaining about.

look into doing a external antenna setup 

https://www.waveform.com/a/b/guides/hotspots/t-mobile-5g-gateway

Badge

Maybe you are too hung up with the number of signal bars. It’s more important whether you get good stable internet and usable speed or not. If yes, you should not worry too much about the number of bars. My box also gets only 2 bars since day one, but my internet is good, besides the frequent system outage as everyone is complaining about.

I don’t think you understand. When I use apps like social networking or safari, it sometimes takes a day and a half for stuff to load, and some stuff taking longer to load than others. And when I try and tap on something like a “saved posts” button, an error message in the app pops up that shows a refresh button, and that it has timed out. And this happens multiple times, so apparently it just loads when it wants to, and that’s not cool. Most times it takes longer to open up a webpage in safari, like a wikipedia article, than if I would’ve opened it up on wifi. I live in SC which has the 5G coverage, so I don’t know why it’s not going past 2 bars.

I really want my money’s worth out of this service, especially as I had just changed from another one last month.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

does the signal improve once you leave the area by say 5 + miles or does the problem follow you no matter where you go?

if it improves once you leave that area then its a network issue..

if the problem follows you no matter where you go then it points at the phone or possibly the sim card.

another way to rule out which it might be is are there any other devices around you that are also TMO? and if so how are their speeds?