Solved

If all the LTE connections are taken, can I still connect with regular 4g?

Hi all -

I have my new LTE cellspot going and since I've plugged it in, I've noticed that the bottom light is frequently blinking. If I'm understanding the instructions, this means that there are max 8 connections, so no more LTE connections would be available.

My question is, if this is the case, can I still connect to the thing and make clear calls via regular 4g or 3g? I am not bothered if the data is slow but I really need to have reliable calls. I'm only 10 feet from the device and my internet connection is a very steady fiber connection with low latency. So, a 3g call should be just fine.

Anyone know if this is how it works?

thanks!

icon

Best answer by tmo_amanda 7 May 2017, 03:16

Hey, @dh80205!

You can have 8 users simultaneously utilizing the Cellspot. Once all 8 spots are utilized, you should be using our service as you did prior to having the coverage device. Do you have the 4G LTE Cellspot? If so, what color lights are flashing?

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5

Hey, @dh80205!

You can have 8 users simultaneously utilizing the Cellspot. Once all 8 spots are utilized, you should be using our service as you did prior to having the coverage device. Do you have the 4G LTE Cellspot? If so, what color lights are flashing?

Userlevel 6

Hi, @dh80205​! We're just reaching out to see if you still need assistance with this! I know Amanda addressed the basic question you asked, but we'd like to make sure we're not leaving you with a device that needs troubleshooting... how is everything going?

- Marissa

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hey there!

Just dropping in to see if you still need some help. Please give us a holler back and let us know how things are going. Thanks!