Question

If i bring my 4G LTE Verizon Note 10 Plus and my iPhone XR to T-Mobile will i be on 600 Mhz Band 71?

• 30 July 2020
  • 8 replies

Badge

I live in Mesa Arizona 85205. Both my Verizon Samsung Note 10 Plus and my iPhone XR are 4G LTE phones.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

If those bands are on the phones you should get them.

Badge

Yes both phones support 600 MHz/Band71. I was just wondering if the fact that i got the phones from Verizon, would make it a problem.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

The only things I would worry about is WiFi calling and VoLte.

Badge

Will t-mobile store sales folks even know what Volte is? I will probably need to explain it and make sure i get both Volte and Wifi Calling.  Volte is a must!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Just make sure that they register your E911 address.

There’s an app to check the VoLte. It’s in this article.

https://www.xda-developers.com/t-mobile-att-require-volte-phone-calls-shut-down-3g/

Badge

Is there an IOS app to check for VoLte on an iPhone?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I’ve read that the iPhones 8 and newer all support VoLte .

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Will t-mobile store sales folks even know what Volte is? I will probably need to explain it and make sure i get both Volte and Wifi Calling.  Volte is a must!!!

If your Samsung doesn't support T-Mobile's VoLTE and WiFi Calling, you could always visit XDA Developers to find instructions on how to convert your device to the U1 firmware or go a step further and convert it to the TMB U firmware.  There is no difference in the hardware for all US and Canadian models of Samsung devices.  It's the firmware and software that make them slightly different.