Question

Intercom connection issue

Badge

I recently moved into a new apartment that has intercom system that dials your cell phone for entry. For some reason, the system is not working with my phone. Whenever my number is dialed from the call box, it just gives a busy signal. However, any other number programmed works fine. I read some of the posts on this forum and found I am not the only one having this issue. Apparently it has something to do with Tmobile’s network and Samsung phones. I found a post that had a solution to the problem but it was from a post made 3 years ago and the settings that had to be changed were not in my new phone. I was wondering if there was another, more updated solution to the problem? I have a Samsung Note 10+ and the software is all up to date. I haven’t had any issues with phone calls besides the intercom. The building manager has been trying to get it fixed to no avail. They can’t find any problems. Looks like it has something to do with the network. 

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

“any other number programmed works fine” meaning a different number on your TMO account or ?

Badge

I only have 1 number on my account. I meant any other number programmed in the intercom for my apartment works. The building manager tried programming her number and the rental office number to test the intercom and it worked without issue but for some reason mine just gets a busy signal. I thought maybe my phone was blocking the number somehow so I tried saving the intercom's phone number so it wouldn't get blocked and it still gave a busy signal.  

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

other than that you can use your phone to make calls perfectly fine there? or by chance are you using anything like Google Voice or any kind of forwarding?

Badge

No call forwarding or fancy apps. Just the normal one in the phone. I can make and receive phone calls with no issues.