Solved

International data speeds

• 3 March 2017
  • 5 replies

Will T Mo increase the heretofore 2G speeds available while traveling internationally. Verizon has upped the game offering 4G data during international travel. My latest experience abroad using T Mo to find directions on Google Maps was less stellar than my experience from 2 years ago. I believe 300-400 MB of high speed data / day (where available) would be welcomed if T Mo would consider it.

icon

Best answer by tmo_chris 11 March 2017, 17:29

Eeeek, yeah..... that is a pretty sweet deal you have right now. I think the best option would be to add an on demand data pass or try downloaded sections of Google Maps while on Wi-Fi so it does not need to use data when you use it 😊

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5

We appreciate the feedback! We are always looking for ways to improve our customers experience while roaming internationally. As of right now, with select plans, we do not charge for data usage at all while roaming in a Simple Choice country.‌ With our T-Mobile One plan with the One Plus add on (currently available for $0 as a promotion), you can get unlimited data usage at speeds up to 256KB which is about 2x faster and should be more than enough for Google Maps. If you want to unlock faster speeds, you can always add one of our On Demand data passes.

Thank you - I have the SC with 4 lines unlimited - I am not eligible for the One Plus add on, am I?

Userlevel 5

Correct, the One Plus add on is only available for T-Mobile One plans. It might be worth contacting us so we can look at your plan and see how it compares to the T-Mobile One plan. You might be able to save a little money and get more features!

I have the original $100 for 2 lines and added another two lines with the promo this Thanksgiving - in effect 4 unlimited lines for $115 or so

Not sure that can be improved upon at this time 😊

Userlevel 5

Eeeek, yeah..... that is a pretty sweet deal you have right now. I think the best option would be to add an on demand data pass or try downloaded sections of Google Maps while on Wi-Fi so it does not need to use data when you use it 😊