Solved

international travel

• 7 August 2022
  • 8 replies

Badge

I am on magenta 55+   dont know the difference between 15gb global plus vs 15 gb international pass   thanks

icon

Best answer by drnewcomb 7 August 2022, 21:18

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Global Plus is a $50 monthly bolt-on that gives a broad range of benefits for frequent international travelers. It continues the next billing month unless discontinued.

International Pass is similar but is a one shot deal which does not coincide with the billing month and does not auto-renew. 

Were I an international flight crew member I’d get Global Plus.

Badge

Thank you very much. We're going to take a trip to the South Pacific for 25 days and I wasn't sure which one to use. Take care!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Check each island/country for their rate. Some Pacific Island countries are not part of T-Mobile’s 215+ cheap roaming destinations.  Also, cruise ships and long-distance ferries are a whole other kettle of fish,

Badge

Thanks for the heads up  i really appreciate it I was on Google Fi last winter through the Caribbean. Even though I had unlimited plus service it didn't work. I called their support people four times. They had to restart my phone every time they get it to work. I really didn't want to have to repeat that again

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

The only time T-Mobile international roaming has not worked for me was in Singapore when an undersea earthquake broke a transpacific cable which cut most data links between Singapore and the US. Other people have better or worse experiences. It’s good to have a backup. If your phone supports eSIM technology, there are various travel eSIM providers. This is one that I recently saw recommended. https://www.airalo.com

Badge

Thanks for the heads up.  I appreciate it 

Global Plus is a $50 monthly bolt-on that gives a broad range of benefits for frequent international travelers. It continues the next billing month unless discontinued.

International Pass is similar but is a one shot deal which does not coincide with the billing month and does not auto-renew. 

Were I an international flight crew member I’d get Global Plus.

Yes, Global Plus is “auto renew” and International Pass is “up to 30 days” only.  But the question is if there is a difference in service.  It’s looks to be the same IF, big IF, is “Mobile Hotspot” (IPass) means “Tethering” in Global Plus.  That’s the confusing part . . . .  TMobile describes it almost to be different in SERVICE by using Hotspot vs. Tethering.

Intl Pass:  Includes up to 15GB of high-speed data, including Mobile Hotspot, PLUS unlimited calling for up to 30 days in over 210 destinations.

Global Plus: 15GB of up to 4G LTE data for your mobile device; Unlimited calling to and from your mobile device; Unlimited messaging to and from your mobile device; 5GB of up to 4G LTE tethering.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

…….  That’s the confusing part . . . .  TMobile describes it almost to be different in SERVICE by using Hotspot vs. Tethering..

I think that tethering and hotspot are mean the same thing.