Question

Iphone 12 - Does not have a wi-fi connection when away from home

• 19 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hello Team, Can someone please tell me why my iphone does not have a Wi-Fi connection when I am out for a jog  or  running errands it says ‘NO INTERNET CONNECTION” .Should it not pick up the T-mobile network if I’m outside of my home internet area ? I’m confused and its so frustrating. 

What am I doing wrong and how should I approach this issue? Thanks in advance for your help. 

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

You are confused because your outside Internet connection would not come from WiFi but rather from Cellular Data. Somewhere in your iPhone’s settings (I’m no expert on iPhones) you probably have cellular data turned off. Check the network settings and turn cellular data back on.

Badge

Thank you ‘drnewcomb” my cellular data is on and you were correct I was initially confused how the  the internet connection but its still not allowing internet access once I’m out of the house and away from my home network.  Many thanks for your response. Much appreciated.

Userlevel 2
Badge

my cellular data is on and you were correct I was initially confused how the  the internet connection but its still not allowing internet access once I’m out of the house and away from my home network.

Recommendations from other threads in this community, there are some things you could try:

1. Turn off 5G on your Apple iPhone 12, and use only 4G LTE
  2. Update to the recently released Apple iOS 14.7