Question

iPhone not receiving MMS/SMS texts

• 17 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge

I just upgraded to the iPhone 12Pro. I have had a slew of issues this week regarding MMS/SMS messages with androids. Whether in an individual message or in a group chat, I am missing messages. In the group chat with androids, I also miss the texts with iPhone users because everything is sent via MMS.

This is incredibly frustrating and no one seems to have an answer. Apple is quick to say it’s the carriers problem but T-Mobile says it is an Apple problem. I am missing full conversations with people and I don’t know about it until I’m asked in person why I’m just not answering anything.

This was also happening on my iPhone 8+ as well, so I don’t necessarily think it’s the device per se. I am running iOS 14.2. Users on Reddit are saying this is happening to them too, and it’s not just iOS 14.2 and not just the iPhone 12 series.

Everything in my messages is turned on so I should be receiving these texts. My friends phones are all different types of androids and different carriers, but it seems to be just me that misses the messages. So it definitely seems like a T-Mobile issue.

3 replies

The issue has been resolved with IOS 14.2.1 which was released yesterday, FYI.  The release notes specifically stated the missing MMS messages in groups so hopefully this takes care of it.  I already updated and it is working fine at the present.

same here. It’s not until I upgraded from an 8 to a 12 pro that I had this issue. My son has an XR and my husband has an 11 also on Tmobile network and they don’t have this issue. I can’t respond to any texts coming from an Android device. I get a not delivered response. I’m finding that my husband and my son are getting my Facetime calls with my apple id email address. My messages are also going to them via iMessage thru my apple id as well. I have literally spent a total of 6 hours in the past two days on this. I just want my phone to work properly since I have contractual obligation with it. 

It has been happening to me to on new iPhone 12 Pro.  My wife has an iPhone 7 Plus on the same rev of IOS and no issues at all.  This has been going on since I got the phone, but it would seem that it would be a IOS issue,  not hardware.