Question

Is anyone else suffering from no cell service (again) today?

Badge

Can’t make phone calls or text anyone. This is deja vu of the last outage.

13 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

would probably help if you mentioned where you are

zip code and closest cross streets only

is anyone else around you with TMO running into this as well or no?

does the problem go away once you leave that area by say 5+ miles?

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Have you restarted your phone? Often, if you get dropped occasionally from the towers, a simple restart will solve the problem. :wink:

Badge

92122 Governor Drive and Lakewood. I have no idea who else around here uses TMO as I am at home and quarantined. The cellphone is the only means of communication that I have.

I tried restarting the phone 3 times. The service eventually returned after 30 minutes.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

unfortunately the only way to troubleshoot it on your side would be to see if you get reception back once you leave that area..if it improves then its an issue with the tower...if it doesnt then its going to be the device, something amiss with the account itself or possibly sim

As of yesterday afternoon (Thursday 09 July 2020), both my wife and I have been unable to get a mobile signal inside or outside of our apartment. We are in Far North Dallas around Frankford Rd & Preston Rd in ZIP 75252. I work from home and luckily have AT&T Internet 100. But, I am unable to receive or make calls or messages today via WiFi, even though I was able to last night. But, my wife’s phone is able to make WiFi calls and messages. I will check the SIM on my phone, but it just does not make sense that the network in this area is out.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Unless there’s an outage that’s effecting a large part of the country, we just don’t have connection issues in the DFW area. You’re not even outside the bypass...North Dallas not FAR North Dallas. What type of phones are you & your wife using? Have you done the obligatory phone restart to re-associate to the towers?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Downdetector shows issues with Tmobile towers.

I’ve noticed where I live in Arizona the data connection is slow but livable.

https://downdetector.com/status/t-mobile/map/

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I tried posting this but my post was flagged for a link. Downdetector is showing a Tmobile outage in Texas and other parts of the country.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

:grin::joy::rofl::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Unless there’s an outage that’s affecting a large part of the country, we just don’t have connection issues in the DFW area. You’re not even outside the bypass...North Dallas, not FAR North Dallas. What type of phones are you & your wife using? Have you done the obligatory phone restart to re-associate to the towers?

Yes, we both had done the reboot (which I do every other day, if not daily). I had checked the SIM on my phone to verify it was not damaged. We then drove to the closest T-Mobile, which during that time my phone would have a signal then drop the signal. It turns out that on the Samsung Galaxy Note 4, there had been a noted issue after a software update affecting the auto-connect setting LTE/WCDMA/GSM. Switching it to ‘WCDMA only’ seems to have remedied the issue thus far. My wife has a Samsung Galaxy A20 and was able to use WiFi calling/messaging at home. Once outdoors, she was able to pick up a signal. Prior to this event, both of our phones were able to pick up a full signal inside of our apartment with no issues. The rep at the T-Mobile store seemed to indicate he had heard about issues with LTE.

On a side note, the area geographically north of IH-635/LBJ up to SH-190/PGBT, and east of SH-75/Central Expy to the Dallas North Tollway (with the exception where Dallas city limit extends further west of DNT from Trinity Mills Rd up to E Rosemeade Pkwy and just past Kelly Blvd) is called Far North Dallas. And though it is a part of what is considered North Dallas (which is north of Northwest Hwy and includes the inner suburb cities of Addison and Richardson), it was given the term Far North Dallas by city planners. My father was a cab driver for the last 18 years of his life up to mid-2001, so there was a lot of knowledge passed on. I myself have worked with architectural firms in the digital reproduction of plans for several years, seeing the different neighborhoods, projects, and the gerrymandering of the City of Dallas dipping into the counties of Collin, Denton, Kaufman, and Rockwall. I hope this clarifies my use of the term. Thank you for replying!

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

:grin::joy::rofl::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

My point was that you were located in the thick of things not out in the boonies like the Far North Fort Worth Corridor which is far outside the 820 loop! You were in the city and should have had great connection! ….Unless there’s an outage :blush: , which there was, which made my comment funny. I was laughing at myself not you! Glad to meet a fellow Texan!

Anyone in the Houston Area experiencing problems? Spotty and No service. Deja’vu of last outage...is this a T-Mobile Sprint thing? Zip Code 77581 Thanks!