Question

Is it my phone? or is it the service?

• 11 October 2021
  • 7 replies

Badge

I don't know if this is happening to anyone else but I have a S10Plus and  for a while now calls that I attempt keep dropping after 1 ring, and sometimes it doesn't even get to ring when I call someone, it just hangs up, and it happens when they attempt to call me too. So I have restart my phone so I can finally complete the call. Does anyone else have this issue? And is it the phone or the service?

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

do calls improve incoming/outgoing once you leave that area or does the problem follow you?

Badge

The problem follows me

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

The first clue to it being the device, is that restarting it temporarily fixes it.  If the issues follows you when you leave the area you primarily use the device in.  That pretty much confirms it is something with the device.  Whether it’s a firmware issue or potential hardware issue, is something entirely different to determine.  Does the device get hot?  Have you tried removing the SIM and cleaning the gold contacts with some rubbing alcohol, drying it, and then putting it back in and seeing if that helps resolve it?  

Edit:  My 2100th post!  :D

Badge

Well it does not get hot thanks to the cooling chamber, so I'm gonna try and remove the sim card and clean it, hopefully that solves my problem,  if not then I would have to check and see if it is a firmware or hardware issue, thank you for your input.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

If cleaning the SIM doesn’t solve it.  Hopefully the next firmware update will.  Otherwise, consider trading it in if you can stick with it until the Black Friday and Magenta Friday deals come out.  Those are usually some of the best deals of the year.  

Badge

Trading it will be a last resort bcuz I love my S10Plus, not happy with what Samsung did with there flagship phone, the fact that they removed the sd card and audio jack options really disappointed me

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

As someone who had 2 S9+ and a Note 9.  I know exactly what you mean.  I moved on from Samsung though.  I found OnePlus devices to be similar in what I wanted, not caring too much about the camera quality, but all around, the OnePlus 7 Pro and OnePlus 8T+ 5G have been awesome for me.  The cameras on OnePlus aren’t bad but they aren’t great either.  They are just… mediocre.  Where they excel, is the pretty close to stock Android software experience, they don’t slow down with each update, and the radios have been better for reception for me.