Solved

Is Roaming an extra charge?

• 27 July 2019
  • 2 replies

im currently in mexico and have the tmobile one plan, the coverage across the border plan says i have unlimited calling texting and up to 5gb of 4g lte at no charge. does this mean i can turn on roaming without an extra charge?

icon

Best answer by snn555 27 July 2019, 03:40

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4

Mexico is part of international roaming with the T-Mobile one plan so you should be fine.

Userlevel 1

Hi.

Please check the Plan we currently have. Mobile w/o Borders included Unlimited calling and texting between the US, Mexico, and Canada; mobile and landline calls included. Up to 5 GB high-speed data allotment (or max of your high-speed data allotment, whichever comes first) that includes both phone data and tethering data usage. For customers with $25 T-Mobile ONE Plus International (Grandfathered), unlimited high-speed LTE data while traveling in Mexico and Canada is included. Essentials: Unlimited talk & text to/from the US, Mexico & Canada Unlimited 2G data in Mexico & Canada (up to 128 kbps) and the new Magenta plan.

Included in these plans:

Magenta

T-Mobile ONE

Simple Choice North America (postpaid, prepaid, NC)

New Simple Choice (postpaid, prepaid, NCC after 2015)

North America versions of Mobile Internet/data-only plans.

- Service isn't intended for extended or permanent use in Mexico or Canada. Extended use may result in being flagged as Extreme Roaming Reduction.

Set expectations

Due to Music Freedom partner licensing and availability, some services are unavailable for use while in Mexico and Canada. Check Music Freedom Streaming.

Customers on grandfathered $25 ONE Plus International get unlimited 4G LTE high-speed data. This feature is grandfathered and no longer available for sale.

Tethering:

Tethering usage in Canada or Mexico doesn't impact tethering usage in the US.

Tethering usage deducts from the 5 GB bucket while in Canada or Mexico.

Tethering usage in Canada or Mexico also counts towards Fair Usage limits.

I hope these can help 🙂

Thank you