Solved

Is WiFi calling available on the unlocked Samsung Galaxy S7 International Version (G935F)?

• 28 September 2016
  • 2 replies

Hi-

I have an unlocked Galaxy S7 Edge International version (G935F), not T-Mobile the T-Mobile branded S7 (G935T).

If I signed up under the T-Mobile BYOD program, can I get Wifi calling to work on this phone?

I would really rather NOT have to purchase a T-Mobile Personal CellSpot or T-Mobile branded wifi-router.

TIA-
Bob

icon

Best answer by tmo_chris 28 September 2016, 17:08

Great question. Unfortunately this phone would not work with our WiFi calling services as it is not our version of the S7. The good news is that our coverage devices like the LTE cellspot and booster are available at no cost when you are on an eligible plan. There is a $25 deposit but that is fully refundable (with interest if your state requires it) once you return the coverage device.

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5

Great question. Unfortunately this phone would not work with our WiFi calling services as it is not our version of the S7. The good news is that our coverage devices like the LTE cellspot and booster are available at no cost when you are on an eligible plan. There is a $25 deposit but that is fully refundable (with interest if your state requires it) once you return the coverage device.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

No. The only unlocked phones that are wifi calling capable are some of the newer Nexus line and Apple line

of phones. I think I read that the factory unlocked HTC 10 is also capable,