Question

LG IMS HAS STOPPED HELP ME PLEASE

Badge

Need help with my stylo lg phone the LG IMS HAS STOPPED

8 replies

Badge

I can’t make the LG IMS Erro message go away off Phone, this is so upsetting.

this works.

airplane mode on <apps> drop down menu to <show system> <com.lge.ims.rcsprovider> <storage> <clear cache> <clear data> back one screen <force stop> airplane mode off

This is from Review Geek:https://www.reviewgeek.com/118772/lg-phones-arent-working-on-t-mobile-but-this-fix-might-help/. It worked for me, on both our G6’s. It’s like StevenG’s, but says you may need to clear data/clear cache several times. 

Userlevel 1

I have attempted this fix on the provided link and it just doesn’t work for me. 

T-Mobile should be reaching out via e-mail to the customers who have LG phones telling them (us) that they are aware of the issue and are owning it and therefore will resolve fixing the issue. 

T-Mobile can’t claim they are not responsible! We bought our phones through them (at least I did) and that should not let them off the hook. 

What happened to proactive customer service?  T-Mobile is aware of these events, or at least should be if they are collecting their telemetry correctly. They could had jumped on this informing all they are on top of it. 

I think they just assume impacted folks will purchase a new phone (which they get the kickbacks).

Businesses only react (not respond) based on the pain they feel their customers are experiencing and whether the customers will cause bad press or churn (leave). 

I am getting more disappointed with this company over the years. It seems they have included folks from companies like Sprint who had it all wrong when it came to customer service. 

If this is not fixed by today, I am jumping ship. Verizon provides a nice package that is tempting at the moment. 

Userlevel 2

There are at least six different threads on this forum on this same topic, all very active.  Just search for “LG IMS Keeps Stopping” or similar words, and you will find them.

The problem started this past Sunday.

Every model of LG phone is affected, but only on the T-Mobile network.

We visited our local T-Mobile retail store.  The employees there are extremely smart and tech-savvy.  They all said they have been flooded with LG phone / T-Mobile customers and the avalanche is increasing every hour.  NONE of the alleged fixes worked on ANY of the phones and ALL the technicians have been trying their best for two days… this is what they said.

Could LG have pushed an update of EVERY model last Sunday, that “bricked” all of their own phones?

Could T-Mobile have accidentally updated their network so it isn’t compatible with LG anymore?

They told us there is no solution in sight, and they were selling phones so fast they were running out.  Because of what the T-Mobile employees said, we reluctantly decided to purchase two new Samsung 5G phones.

Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > 3 dots > Restore Default Settings.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I have attempted this fix on the provided link and it just doesn’t work for me. 

T-Mobile should be reaching out via e-mail to the customers who have LG phones telling them (us) that they are aware of the issue and are owning it and therefore will resolve fixing the issue. 

T-Mobile can’t claim they are not responsible! We bought our phones through them (at least I did) and that should not let them off the hook. 

What happened to proactive customer service?  T-Mobile is aware of these events, or at least should be if they are collecting their telemetry correctly. They could had jumped on this informing all they are on top of it. 

I think they just assume impacted folks will purchase a new phone (which they get the kickbacks).

Businesses only react (not respond) based on the pain they feel their customers are experiencing and whether the customers will cause bad press or churn (leave). 

I am getting more disappointed with this company over the years. It seems they have included folks from companies like Sprint who had it all wrong when it came to customer service. 

If this is not fixed by today, I am jumping ship. Verizon provides a nice package that is tempting at the moment. 

Selling someone something doesn’t put them on the hook for responsibility.  T-Mobile, just like everything other carrier, is a retailer for cellular devices and also a service provider.  They don’t make the device or develop the software and firmware that it runs on.  LG dropped out of the cellphone market quite a while back now.  Perhaps it’s time to consider an upgrade.  

At last! Fixed for me! Here’s what I did. I had to “combine” some of the suggestions to come up with the correct “elixir” to fix this:

First: Go to Airplane mode…

Second: Do the following:

Go to settings  Apps/notifications -> app info -> three dots -> Show System -> com-lge-ims-rcsprovider -> storage

Force stop and clear data (from Data Usage).

For me, at this point the popups stopped, but only if in Airplane Mode… If I exited Airplane Mode, they continued. So, at this point, DO NOT EXIT AIRPLANE MODE YET.

Third: Do the following…

1. Enter the code 277634#*# on the dial pad to get into Operator Hidden Menu.
  2. RAT_Selection →  LTE only

Fourth: Exit Airplane Mode…. For me, at this point, the popups were gone!

I have a v20, and this is what fixed it for me.