Solved

LTE WiFi Gateway reliablility?

• 9 September 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge

hello all,

we've had the Home Internet service for a week or so.

and at least twice, the gateway device had to be power-cycled to bring back internet access.

otherwise, it has performed just great, getting upwards of 35-40 Mbps.

so i have 2 questions:

1) have you had to do the same, that is, power-cycle?  hopefully, this won't become a habit.

2) i did not see any way to updating the firmware.  how is this done?

thanks for any feedback...

icon

Best answer by tmo_chris 12 September 2019, 16:46

Sorry to hear your gateway is messing up on you! That is definitely not the expected behavior! If this keeps happening, we have a dedicated support team for T-Mobile Home Internet that can look into this further for you if you call 1-844-275-9310.

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5

Sorry to hear your gateway is messing up on you! That is definitely not the expected behavior! If this keeps happening, we have a dedicated support team for T-Mobile Home Internet that can look into this further for you if you call 1-844-275-9310.

I've had Home Internet Gateway for about a month now.  During that period of time I have suffered six separate internet outages.   The symptoms of each outage are common as follows:

1.  The admin interface shows an active cellular connection.

2.  The admin interface shows an active wi-fi interface with a number of connected devices.

3.  This is the odd one.  My cell phone (also T-mobile) shows 5G, even though I have no 5G service in the area of my home.

4. If the 5G disappears on my phone, internet service returns. 

On two occasions I called service.  Each time I waited over an hour for service.  The support was TERRIBLE.  It amounted to power off/on the gateway the first time and factory reset the gateway the second time.

I think there is a hardware or firmware problem in the gateway, but T-mobile support has done essentially NOTHING to resolve the problem thus far.

Did you hear that, T-mobile?