Network Login?

• 19 August 2020
  • 9 replies

Badge

How do I get login info? No data without a login

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hey there, I'd love to help out if I can.  Would it be possible to post a screen shot of what you're referring to? Also, is your WiFi turned on? 

Badge

I have no problem with wifi, calls or texts. No data and this happens. In order to go to the login page I had to turn on wifi and when the page shows it’s just a wiggly icon going back and forth. The top pic is the notification that is there

Badge

I’ve gotten five different stories from five different customer service reps. Plus there is somewhat of a language barrier.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Is your devices APN set correctly?  

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/not-sold-by-t-mobile/byod-t-mobile-data-and-apn-settings#:~:text=%20Android%20APN%20settings%20%201%20Open%20the,Press%20the%20Menukey.%205%20Touch%20Save.%20More%20

Badge

Thanks for the idea, syaoran. I looked and everything is correct. I went in to a T-Mobile store and they tried my sim on two other phones and the same thing popped up so it isn’t a provisioning error in the phones.

The problem evolved from an app called Scam Shield. I installed and opened it. It prompted me to log in to the T-Mobile network. That was triggered by that app and then it said it can’t log in through wifi and to turn it off. I did that and got locked out and that prompt (same as screenshot above), has never gone away and no data since.

I am starting to believe that T-Mobile is unable or unwilling to fix it as I have been getting the runaround for 6 days now. I don’t know which but I fear that I will have to go back to the dreaded AT&T.

Badge

The latest story is that they are working on updating the network so that is why I have been without data for the last week. Time to move back to AT&T. I am extremely disappointed. I will forward all info to the BBB and other relevant parties.

Badge

I have completed the FCC complaint and I was amazed that a human called me. It would appear that T-Mobile has some very serious issues with customer support and that I am now in a queue and the wait is 7-10 business days.

I got this issues again this month when the cycle reset i lose data. Txt and call work. The weird thing is when i cross to canada my data works over there but not on the state side. It not a hardware issues it on t-mobile side of things.

Badge

I got this issues again this month when the cycle reset i lose data. Txt and call work. The weird thing is when i cross to canada my data works over there but not on the state side. It not a hardware issues it on t-mobile side of things.

Unfortunately I was unable to resolve the issue and had to file an FCC complaint. I figure you are stuck until the next billing cycle. The only option is to upgrade your plan to unlimited data (prepaid plan). That re-enables data. No idea about the Canada part. I go to Windsor and still get data from across the river.