Question

Network Login?

• 19 August 2020
  • 9 replies

Badge

How do I get login info? No data without a login

9 replies

Badge

I got this issues again this month when the cycle reset i lose data. Txt and call work. The weird thing is when i cross to canada my data works over there but not on the state side. It not a hardware issues it on t-mobile side of things.

Unfortunately I was unable to resolve the issue and had to file an FCC complaint. I figure you are stuck until the next billing cycle. The only option is to upgrade your plan to unlimited data (prepaid plan). That re-enables data. No idea about the Canada part. I go to Windsor and still get data from across the river.

I got this issues again this month when the cycle reset i lose data. Txt and call work. The weird thing is when i cross to canada my data works over there but not on the state side. It not a hardware issues it on t-mobile side of things.

Badge

I have completed the FCC complaint and I was amazed that a human called me. It would appear that T-Mobile has some very serious issues with customer support and that I am now in a queue and the wait is 7-10 business days.

Badge

The latest story is that they are working on updating the network so that is why I have been without data for the last week. Time to move back to AT&T. I am extremely disappointed. I will forward all info to the BBB and other relevant parties.

Badge

Thanks for the idea, syaoran. I looked and everything is correct. I went in to a T-Mobile store and they tried my sim on two other phones and the same thing popped up so it isn’t a provisioning error in the phones.

The problem evolved from an app called Scam Shield. I installed and opened it. It prompted me to log in to the T-Mobile network. That was triggered by that app and then it said it can’t log in through wifi and to turn it off. I did that and got locked out and that prompt (same as screenshot above), has never gone away and no data since.

I am starting to believe that T-Mobile is unable or unwilling to fix it as I have been getting the runaround for 6 days now. I don’t know which but I fear that I will have to go back to the dreaded AT&T.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Is your devices APN set correctly?  

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/not-sold-by-t-mobile/byod-t-mobile-data-and-apn-settings#:~:text=%20Android%20APN%20settings%20%201%20Open%20the,Press%20the%20Menukey.%205%20Touch%20Save.%20More%20

Badge

I’ve gotten five different stories from five different customer service reps. Plus there is somewhat of a language barrier.

Badge

I have no problem with wifi, calls or texts. No data and this happens. In order to go to the login page I had to turn on wifi and when the page shows it’s just a wiggly icon going back and forth. The top pic is the notification that is there

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hey there, I'd love to help out if I can.  Would it be possible to post a screen shot of what you're referring to? Also, is your WiFi turned on?