Solved

No data

I have 4 gig/month data and thought Oi used it. At work I went to look at my home email, no data connection.

I logged into TMobile and I am setup correctly, but my phone still does not connect to data.

I turned off wi-fi data and made sure my data is on/off/on. Still no data.

I had another co-worker check out my phone, but everything looks good to the Geek.

Now what? Can T-Mobile check why I can only connect at my home wi-fi and not my data source?.

Mike vR

icon

Best answer by tmo_amanda 13 April 2018, 21:22

Hey, Mike!

You mentioned you have a “Samsung 3”. Do you mean a Samsung Galaxy S3? Since it’s just data that isn’t working, there are a few phone settings you can check (your co-worker might have already checked these), but I have a hunch that it’s account related. Let's start by checking your phone. Try following these steps to make sure mobile data is enabled:

Turn on / off mobile data

1. From the Apps screen, tap Settings.
  2. Tap Connections.
  3. Tap Mobile networks.
  4. Tap Mobile data to turn on or off.
  5. Tap the check mark to confirm.

If that doesn't work, you'll need to Community-2153 and can do so either via 611 or T-Force (our social media care team) on Facebook or Twitter. Please keep us updated on your data situation!

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 6

Hi, Mike! No data when you're paying for a data plan is no good! What kind of phone are you using, and did you just activate it? Did data work previously with this phone/SIM combo or did you just suddenly start having trouble? We're happy to try to narrow down what's going on, but a few details would help! 😊

I have a Samsung 3. I don't use it much but at home so I guess it was connected to my home WIFI. I activated my phone in store last December so I thought it worked. I just don't us it a lot. My kids bumped me p from a flip phone. The phone works fine for my needs.

I went online to see my data is active and that my phone settings are good too. But if ?I access Google, I get the message "can't reach your feed at the moment, content was updated 2 days ago".

My phone an d texting work. Just no data

thx for any ideas.

Mike

Hey, Mike!

You mentioned you have a “Samsung 3”. Do you mean a Samsung Galaxy S3? Since it’s just data that isn’t working, there are a few phone settings you can check (your co-worker might have already checked these), but I have a hunch that it’s account related. Let's start by checking your phone. Try following these steps to make sure mobile data is enabled:

Turn on / off mobile data

1. From the Apps screen, tap Settings.
  2. Tap Connections.
  3. Tap Mobile networks.
  4. Tap Mobile data to turn on or off.
  5. Tap the check mark to confirm.

If that doesn't work, you'll need to Community-2153 and can do so either via 611 or T-Force (our social media care team) on Facebook or Twitter. Please keep us updated on your data situation!

Happy Monday, Mike!

I just wanted to stop by to see if you've had a chance to look over my previous reply to you. If so, did the steps that I provide work? Or have you gotten in touch with Customer Care yet?

Sorry, I have not. Trying now

I don't see the Connections under Settings. I checked under "more settings" also

Mike

Hmm! Can you confirm that you have a T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3? Or is it a Note 3?

Sorry, I have a Samsung Galaxy S3.

Thank you for confirming, @mv8167​! Were you able to get in touch with Customer Care? I still believe this is a provisioning issue and would need to be taken care of by our Tech Care team. You can get in touch with us by dialing 611 or visiting T-Force via Facebook or Twitter.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi!

Have you been able to get in touch with our T-Force team to get this resolved? Please let us know. Thanks.

Sorry, been super busy. Hopefully this weekend

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hey, I totally understand. We just wanna check in and see how things are going. 😊

Userlevel 6

Howdy @mv8167​! Were you able to check in with T-Force this weekend? How are things going for you?

Userlevel 6

Hey there! Sorry if we're spamming you with check-ins -- just wanted to see how things were going. I know this is a busy time of year for most folks (I mean, let's be real, when *isn't*), but we'd love to be able to make sure you've been in contact with T-Force. 😊

Just wanted to check in once more. 😊

-Lauren

Still no data. my phone only updates when I am at home using our WIFI.

What number do I call?

Mike