Question

No Internet

• 15 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

I have a 5G Inseego M2000 Mifi device. I’ve had this device for over a year, and it has worked very well. I use it for Internet access for all my devices as I travel from place to place. I’m now in Mesa, AZ where I’ll be for a while. And the park that I’m at has free cable access for Internet. So, I discontinued T-Mobile for while I’m here. Unfortunately, the cable Internet had some issues, so I needed a backup and had T-Mobile reinstated. However, I have been unable to access the Internet from the MiFi device. I can connect to the device but have no Internet. If I do get Internet, it lasts for maybe 1 min, then disconnects from the Internet. I have worked with T-Mobile’s helpdesk, but I still don’t have access. 

Is there an issue with my MiFi, or is there an issue with T-Mobile. BTW: my neighbor appears to have great T-Mobile access.  

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Those hotspots are pretty cool, compact devices. Once the line was reactivated, it should be back to its same greatness. How long was the service disconnected before you reactivated it? When you reinstated, did you get a new sim card? Are you on prepaid or postpaid service?

Badge

I’ve been paying for 5g service for almost 2 years now, and I can’t get 5g internet here in the DC area. I had it once, just after I bought the M2000 and got the account, but it stopped working a month or so later. I got no benefit from phine support. Even though the M2000 screen shows 5g, when I connect to it with WiFi the iPad settings says “no internet connection”. I can set the M2000 to use 4g lte, which is why I haven’t gotten rid of it, but there’s something wrong with some part of the communication from the M2000 to the T-Mobile 5g towers. I’ve driven to many different places all over the DC Metro area, but none of the towers I connect to will connect me to the internet. I wish you luck getting yours set back up, I’ve had none for 2 years.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

might be the sim card in it as well. the sim is what tells the device which signals it must use or not use.