Question

no mobile data service?

• 2 August 2020
  • 6 replies

Badge

Has anyone else had absolutely no data service for a few weeks? I've been dealing with it, figuring the T-Mobile/Sprint merger might've thrown a wrench in the gears, but it hasn't been fixed. I have to connect to wifi everywhere I go. LTE talk and text uas not been effected. The data may have been lost after the last update (July 20). My phone is completely up-to-date, Samsung S9+, bill is paid, and I've restarted multiple times. Like I said it has been about three weeks now. Checked my data usage and it wasn't even close to being used up. 

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Not here. Where are you located? Have you tried switching to 2G/3G mode?

Badge

NH, MA, RI - no data service in any state for my phone. It's why I thought it was weird. I checked my own data usage during the previous cycle and wasn't even close to the cap. I've hit the cap before and had throttled service but this hasn't been the same 🤷‍♂️  as for 2g/3g mode - I haven't tried that but will. But like I said before, I have NOT had any issues with talk or text. That works perfectly fine. It's just apps and internet (and yes tried different browsers). Anyway I appreciate the help. 🙂

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

I’m sure that if T-Mobile had a wide-spread data outage in the Northeast, the Internet would have exploded with the news. I might double check your phone’s APN settings and/or try setting it to 2G/3G mode to see if it’s an LTE issue. Also, if you could install a TCP/IP diagnostic utility and run a PING to 8.8.8.8 it could help resolve if you have no Internet or just very slow Internet.

I want to love T-mobile, I really do. Honestly, not one day has passed since I switched from Verizon that I deeply regret it. We had 3 perfectly working iPhones and traded in for all the new 11’s. Data glitches, dropped calls, texts that take 5 mins to send, calls dropped, wtf is 5G cuz I think it’s a mythological unicorn riding a rainbow. I want to switch back so badly to Verizon. 10 yrs with them and maybe 1-2 bad service days. Now I’m stuck in this contract and the laugh of every party, phone call and app.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Just so you know, the iPhone 11 isn’t 5G. You’ll never find 5G with that phone.

I’d settle for 3g as my service and speed were better 5 years ago with that