No service, can't connect to LTE (or slow network) Alameda, CA zip 94501

• 13 November 2017
  • 7 replies

Hello T-mobile,

I found slow (or no) connection to T-mobile in Alameda CA (94501), especially around Otis Dr and Westline Dr.

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi cafeblue0502 I just want to gain a little more info so I can try to help you better or others that might see this post. To start do you know if anyone else has issues with signal in this location? Also what device are you currently using when having trouble with service? If possible as well was their any questions that you wanted answered. Just respond at your earliest connivence and I'll do my best to help you out.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

I checked this area out for you @cafeblue0502  and I do see one tower undergoing some modernization but the others in that area show that they're working just fine. dragon1562 asked a good question. Please let us know if you know of other folks having this same issue. Can you also let us know what phone you're using so we can help give you some steps to resolve this? Please give us a reply back. Thanks!

Userlevel 5

Hey, @cafeblue0502!

I see that you recently joined our Support Community -- welcome! As Mike mentioned, there is one tower in the area that's undergoing maintenance. So that we can figure out the cause of the absent signal, can you please let us know what type of phone you're using along with if you know anyone else that is having signal issues at that location?

Thank you!

Thank you for your kind responses, all. My wife and I have similar issues. The phones we are using are iPhone 6 and iPhone X.

The old Apple might not have Band 12.  I assume even new Apples have Band 12.  When Band 12 came along, my indoor coverage did improve inside garages and bldgs.

I am located in downtown Oakland, just a couple miles thru the tube from you.  Alameda, historically, made it tough on all carriers to put up cell towers.  That said, haven't had trouble the few times I've been there recently.   Do you have trouble outdoors? or just indoors?

Userlevel 6

Hi, @cafeblue0502​! Just wanted to check in here and see how things were going. Have you bumped into this trouble again since your original post? Were you located indoors or outdoors when you experienced the loss of signal? Hope things are going well; please keep us posted! Thank you. 😊

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Howdy there!

Just checking in to see if this has been resolved. Please give us a reply and let us know if things are working better. Thank you.