Not Receiving calls and delayed text messages

• 16 August 2018
  • 12 replies

I'm from San Diego and a customer of T-mobile since 2009. Seeing these issues of not receiving calls and texts for a while now even with signal showing 3-4 bars. Sometimes I'm able to make my device receive calls by putting device in airplane mode, wait for few seconds and out of airplane mode. Definitely need a proper solution from T-mobile for this. I'm using an unlocked Sony Xperia XZ.

12 replies

Hi @magenta5861699​!

Sounds like a difficult problem not being able to call or receive messages in a timely manner!

I suspect the APN settings are not properly addressed. Want to help me with making sure your device's APN settings are set properly?

Use this link to set the APN for your Sony Xperia XZ.

Please update me and let me know what happened!

Thanks.

I'm having the same issues and it's getting ridiculous. I'm going back to Verizion, they're expensive, but reliable.

Hey @magenta5861699​!

Sorry for hearing that you'll be considering changing carriers! Before you do so, have you had a chance to contact our customer care?

Have you had a chance to check your APN settings?

Since you have mentioned that your device is an unlocked Sony Xperia XZ. I checked your device specifications and saw that your Xperia device is able to support band 2, 4, 5 and 12. It could be possible (but highly unlikely) that the area that you are living in does not support these bands, and instead has much higher bands, like band 66 and 71.

I highly suggest that you contact the customer care team (611 from your T-Mobile device) to discuss your personal issues with your device. I wouldn't want to see you leave the T-Mobile family!

Thanks!

I have a MintMobile and my wife has Lycamobile(both these are MVNOs running on T-mobile network). I started seeing this issue from around Mar 2019. One phone is on LG G6 and the other one on LEECO S3. The issue is more frequent on LeEco compared to the LG phone. I tried swapping the simcards between the phones, tried switching off wifi-calling, tried toggling voLTE, but the issue keeps reappearing once in a while.

I've called 611 MULTIPLE times regarding this issue and I've not had any resolution. Maybe someone at T-Mobile will see this and help. I can go all day without receiving a single text. And then, late at night, when I'm peacefully sleeping, I get woken up with a bombardment of texts. We're talking 20-30 plus, all at once. That's not a pleasant way to wake up btw. The other two lines on our account don't seem to be affected by this issue. I have a substantial amount of business conducted through text. I'm having to resort to Facebook to communicate. That's absolutely unacceptable. I spoke with one representative at T-Mobile (specifically out of the Birmingham, AL office, she said) who actually told me that I "might want to change carriers before the end of the month to avoid being charged for that month." I actually asked her to repeat that. I said "so you're not even going to try to get me to stay, your just going to give me advice on how to leave?" She responded, "but you'll owe $1700 in device fees since you leaving early". Absolutely TERRIBLE customer service. I called back later and got someone from somewhere else. She sent a replacement device, under warranty and waived the fees. (great customer service, she actually tried to troubleshoot some and was very friendly and polite) I'd say this is great, but I've already done this step before. I'm on the second device, with the exact same issue. I'm seriously wanting to keep my device and T-Mobile, but I can't keep having this issue. I'm attaching a screen shot of the text dump tonight, notice the sent times and when I got them. Please help me figure this out.....

I keep texting myself to try to see some sort of pattern or at least narrow it down for the tech support (I've got an extensive background in electronics myself, I'm not new to this, but I can't do anything on their end) Thanks for any input in advance.

Badge

I'm having the same issues and it's getting ridiculous. I'm going back to Verizion, they're expensive, but reliable.

me too

My family is having the same issue. Did any of you resolve this issue? Thanks.

Badge

I am hopelessly need help with this problem because I am using my new Tmobile phone for work and my supervisor and clients can never reach me but only the voice message. Can anyone help please? I contacted 611 for four times already and everyone promised to file a ticket to engineering team but it never be resolved completely.

I tried 1-505-998-3793 for technical support. I waited over an hour but it was a free of charge call.  

Someone help me please I was sprint customer since 2008; still no service since T-Mobile unless I’m on Wi-Fi at my house when is our area 45380 gonna be fixed

Honestly I thought it was just me! I've call tech support and tried to get this resolved. Nothing is working. I'm going to go into a store tomorrow. I have to work and my son can't even get ahold of me. It's crazy, the only reason I stayed this long is because of the military discount.

I have a Samsung S21 and have not received a few texts from different people.  As I have customers, this is not good.  I do get texts from others though, most of the time.   But that I’m not receiving some texts is a problem.  My phone isn’t that old and I like it.  I’m also very busy and don't want to go into a store (especially as one near us closed) but I may just have to do that.  I may have to get a different phone.  Such a hassle.