I had to replace my phone (Moto X 4), and purchased an unlocked Moto G Power. After setting up the new phone, I am not receiving texts from some contacts.
What has been tried:
- Verified that these contacts are NOT blocked
- Verified can receive phone calls from contacts, and they receive texts sent by me.
- Reset APN settings
- Reset Network connections
- Cleared cache and data on messaging app
- Installed different messaging app and set as default
- Restarted phone several times, leaving it off for various amounts of time, up to 20 minutes
- Factory reset phone.
- Powered on old phone (now with no SIM card), and received all missing texts on that phone.
- Turned off mobile data on new phone to see if messages would deliver over wifi, and still did not receive any of the missing messages.